Cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziggy23

Gray-bearded Member
I have a very large glass aquarium, 2x7x2.5 combined with the stand it's over 4ft tall. So cleaning is not an easy task. I just had a few questions to see if I can make it easier.

I usually clean the furniture as needed. I only have 3 pieces that are wood, the rest is rock. I just take those out when they poop on them, and soak them in hot water and bleach, then scrub and rinse well. But I'm always paranoid I'm not rinsing them well enough. I was wondering if antibacterial soap would be good enough instead of bleach?

Also is it necessary to wash the inside walls and floor? Their floors are pretty much covered. There may be 1/2 inch or less next to the walls that isn't covered. But they never go to the bathroom there. It's time consuming and really hard trying to reach everything to wash, rinse and get the walls streak free (which i really suck at), then air out. I have no problem doing all this if it's necessary, but it would be really nice if it wasn't.

redlizzy

Hey there, we use water and rubbing alcohol to clean out terarium. Honestly we don't have to clean it too often though. We give our lizards a bath every night and have them swim around. The motion of their back legs in the water causes them to poop. We dump the water in the toilet, disinfect the container and its done. Our beardie is so used to going in water now that she will hold it if we miss a day. She thinks her poop stinks too. :*) its way easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom