Cleaning Mopani

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimeCounty

Hello all, my beardie MurderFace decided to use his mopani jungle gym as a toilet recently, and he got it good and deep into a hollow section of one of the logs...I did my best to wipe it out, but of course there is tons that have seeped into the crevices...I was wondering 2 things...

1...is this gonna become a health issue for my beardie?..his waste sitting baking in his heat lamp...
2...how can i clean or disinfect this mopani jungle gym...

the mopani jungle gym is not just one log, its like 3 or 4 logs which have been screwed and glued together, creating a structure that MF loves to climb all over...my only problem with disinfecting is the glue, I bought this thing from PetCo so I didnt make it, I have no idea what type of glue they used and whether or not its a heat resistant glue, or what temps its rated for, otherwise i would have stuck it in the oven to kill the bacteria...

So does anyone else have experience with these type of structures? how serious is the health risk to my beardie if i dont get it disinfected or replaced soon?...thanks for reading.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Toss it in the tube with hot water and some bleach, use a old toothbrush to scrub it clean. I really don't know about bacteria but it will start to smell if you don't get it all. Jupiter had some wood that he kept going poo on and I eventually had to throw it out, no amount of scrubbing would remove the smell.

wckdbtch

Hatchling Member
I agree with the water and bleach. Just remember to rinse it well after you washed it. I usually boil some water and pour the boiling water over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom