Cleaning Coccidia in beardies cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I woudlnt use Lysol personally, not sure what's in it and it looks like all versions have fragrance. I use a product called F10SC, ZooMed's WipeOut! is a similar quaternary ammonium based product. I think beardeddragon.co sells QUAT cleaner for coccida as well.

Blankenship24

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply tater. I have been trying to find a quaternary ammonium solution in stores near me but I have had zero luck. Ive seen several online places but i wanted it today. So i just may end up ordering online cause I can't seem to find it in stores.

Thanks again.

My babies had coccidia and what I did was I took all their "stuff out" and put it in the dishwasher. STEAM is the only thing that can kill this certain kind of protozoa. You can use all the bleach/vinegar you want, it wont kill the little boogers. So dishwasher, then I replaced their carpet with newspaper, and as soon as they had a bowel movement, I would rip that piece of paper out, this ensured their enclosure was a clean as possible. I would use the dishwasher once a week. They were both cleared by the doc. in 5 days :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom