Ciproflaxin after amputation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The tail doesn't look too bad, really!
What type of syringe do you have, can you post a picture?
Based on his weight, rounding it to 10grams or .01KG, his dose would be .006ml. However,
you can round it to .01ml but keep him well hydrated. The dose is 10mg/kg so working with
that small of increments, you would either need to dilute the solution further or round his weight
up slightly. Since it is a short time period, you can do that relatively safely but keeping him well
hydrated is imperative!
He looks very sweet in the pictures.

Tracie

mannyz

Original Poster
Drache613":xt97iz6l said:
Hello,

The tail doesn't look too bad, really!
What type of syringe do you have, can you post a picture?
Based on his weight, rounding it to 10grams or .01KG, his dose would be .006ml. However,
you can round it to .01ml but keep him well hydrated. The dose is 10mg/kg so working with
that small of increments, you would either need to dilute the solution further or round his weight
up slightly. Since it is a short time period, you can do that relatively safely but keeping him well
hydrated is imperative!
He looks very sweet in the pictures.

Tracie

I hope its good, shortly after the amputation the vet said "upon further reviewing the xray of the tail vertebrae I probably should have cut a little more - there is a slight discoloration in the vertebrae above my cut" ... what a nightmare ... :banghead:

They provided me with an insulin syringe (without needle). Ah indeed your suggestion is consistent with what I found on another site indicating Ciprofloxacin - 10mg/kg q 48h 14-28 days. Ugh, why would they suggest triple the dose for my guy?

Extremely grateful for your help, your time, and love your love of these animals. Cannot thank you enough Tracie!!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

You are welcome. How is he doing today?
I hate that the dose was too high. I am surprised that they didn't give you a different type of
oral needle for ease of dosing. He probably doesn't need much though, for very long either.
Is his tail doing better? Perhaps it is going to shed?

Keep us posted on him!

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseofChaos
Top Bottom