Chopped Salad or Hand Torn Salad

So, this past few days, I noticed some new habits. Once upon a time, Maya would eat hand torn turnip greens without a single urge or permission to eat. He wouldn't wait. He'd run to his greens and grab them up. I decided to see what he would do if I chopped his salad up with his little crunchy pieces added in. He likes chopped salad. I once did that when he was younger and he'd just stare at his greens- "What the! Mom! I don't like chopped greens."
He loves them chopped into strips. Like cutting them in one direction, then turning them in another direction. He seems to get more this way. Otherwise, if he eats hand torn, his tongue doesn't get them. It just stays on his plate. He's such a good boy.

Attachments

• joysofbeardie.jpg
    joysofbeardie.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 28

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
So, this past few days, I noticed some new habits. Once upon a time, Maya would eat hand torn turnip greens without a single urge or permission to eat. He wouldn't wait. He'd run to his greens and grab them up. I decided to see what he would do if I chopped his salad up with his little crunchy pieces added in. He likes chopped salad. I once did that when he was younger and he'd just stare at his greens- "What the! Mom! I don't like chopped greens."
He loves them chopped into strips. Like cutting them in one direction, then turning them in another direction. He seems to get more this way. Otherwise, if he eats hand torn, his tongue doesn't get them. It just stays on his plate. He's such a good boy.
I use a pizza cutter to cut mine up.

noella5088

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I'll try that. I'll be careful when I do that. He just did something different today. He picked himself up using his front legs while eating his greens.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom