Chewy is purple on one side and is acting funny? (pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navy

this morning when I went to feed her when I picked her up my thumb accidentally touched the side that is purple and she cringed and that's when I noticed it
it wasn't there before and she won't lift her head up
she just lies down

is this just a bruise that will heal or should I be worried?
There are no reptile vets around here for a few hours but I will make the trip if I need to

http://puu.sh/9hbe

I use repti-carpet but I've been feeding her diced squash lately
idk if that could have anything to do with it but I'll add it anyway

my1stBD

Juvie Member
Looks like an oncoming shed to me as well. Ive noticed the parts that are about to shed is sensitive for them to the touch. . . . or it may be ticklish IDK. But mine cringes also when i touch it

ChinelleKitten

Hatchling Member
It does look like she's starting to shed. They shed in patches and you should see it getting more dull or white-ish over the next few days. It gets pretty dry and itchy for them so you can give her a good soak in a bath if she seems super sensitive. Don't pick at it tho if pieces start to come off lol. My boys start to get dull patches and usually in a week or so I'll come home to tanks full of shedding flakes that they've rubbed off on their logs lol.

If it does seem to actually get more purple you should post another pic for re-assesment, but it looks like shedding :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom