Cheeto's "Summer House" - now with pix!

Status
Not open for further replies.

guzgal

our family is so enchanted with our baby beardie, cheeto, i know i'm going to be one of those people that takes him everywhere. of course, being a baby, he gets easily scared and so field trips are a work in progress. in the meantime, i wanted to take him outside so he could enjoy the natural sunlight/warmth but in a way that he felt safe and was safe from harm. we came up with the summer house idea. i took a good sized wire bird cage, decked it out with hammocks, rocks, branches etc and we all went outside. big mistake, cage or not, the great outdoors was a bit overwhelming. poor cheeto puffed his black beard and his belly got all stripey. oops :( after a couple of days, we tried again, but this time we put the cage in the window, kind of like an a/c unit, half in, half out. he likes this arrangement much better and he seems to look forward to it every day. i have some pix of him happily basking in the sun & as soon as i figure out how to upload, i'll update this post :)

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom