cheechie acting funny?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so got second baby beardie today and notice that 'it' keeps swallowing repetitively? not puffing up the beard all the way but almost looks like swallowing a bunch of crickets but not. and then keeps sticking the tongue out, but not licking anything or holding it out. so I tried spraying with water and doesn't seem to be thirsty?? not really too concerned but maybe I should be? any one know what this means??

kahryngould

Original Poster
when basking itll open its mouth to regulate its temp. but I took it out for feeding and noticed kept like... barely puffing up the beard, not all the way, repetitively. kinda like swallowing. then itd stick out its tongue. the only reason im kinda concerned is cause the pet store doesn't seem to take the best care of them, ya know?

brittani299

Extreme Poster
I would take him to the vet. It could be internal parasites. I have a snake who was doing te same thing and it turns out she had parasites in her mouth and throat.

kahryngould

Original Poster
Here's a little video of what he's doin

player.swf

wulfie

Hatchling Member
looks normal to me, but he/she has some serious stress marks on his belly. keep in mind that beardies take a good week to adjust to new surroundings. I wouldn't handle him/her much til he/she is settled in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adhdogtraining
Top Bottom