Changing location and enclosure on weekends

KarinaT

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Rosa
Hello, I am a new bearded dragon owner, and a elementary school teacher. Rosa will be my class pet. I have everything set up in my classroom and can come in if needed, for example over long weekends. I'm thinking of getting another enclosure for home so I can bring Rosa home on the weekends. Would that stress her out, or would it be ok and she would get used to it? Thanks for your help.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Please be diligent in her care, we see way to many class pets here the are neglected and very sick. Personally i would bring her home every day. Setup both habitats as close to the same as possible so they look familiar to her. Stay on top of the uvb, basking, calcium, and vitamins.
It will stress her out at first going back and forth but she will get used to it, and may even come to like it. Beardies have a degree of intelligence and need to be mentally stimulated, most come to love car rides and travel.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Karina,

All beardies are different and all have their own personalities, so it will need to be a learning experience for you as to what Rosa is like and what she can handle.

She likely would get used to the change, but if she clearly isn't and it's affecting her health, you need to make the choice that is best for her (whether that is she stays in the classroom, or the hustle and bustle of the classroom is too much and she needs to just stay at home).

-Brandon

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stocam01
Top Bottom