Changes Color?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i have a little bearded dragon but im not really sure how old he is. But he has a pretty white belly and when him and my 3 year old beardie saw each other, his whole belly and stomach turns black. He has done it before but not really that much. Does anybody know why his whole under body changes to like black?

Lovethelife07

Hatchling Member
does your older one attack or seem threatening...like some postures will make them go into attack mode lol
im not completely positive because ive never had one do that but it may be an incredible amount of stress...of course you know about stress lines but im thinkin that if pushed he/she may get really stressed ya know?
as far as it being a bad thing...as long as they arent housed together and your little one is still eating/pooping regularly then it shouldnt be a problem :)
let me know how it goes

ShawnT2011

Original Poster
my older beardie doesnt seem threatening at all. i think its just cuz hes so much smaller and scared. ill let you know if it keeps going onn

Evalina87

In male beardies their beards turn black during mating times. Kinda like "I'm in the mood" Usually in combonation with headbobbing and females have passive arm movements and more submissive type head bob...where males can be more agressive.
I've never heard of the whole under body turning black...so it could be a sign of threat. My youngest beardie gets a darker belly when he's stressed or startled, but you can make out a cool pattern on his tummy lol
It'll prolly be in your best interest to keep them out of view of each other, as I have recently learned, to reduce stress to them.

Hope that helped!

Lina

ShawnT2011

Original Poster
Ya im pretty sure its from stress. They are completely out of view of each other normaly so thats good. thanks everybodyy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom