Change in poo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimmer76

Since I changed my bearded dragon from meal worms to horn worms, his poo seems a lot more wet and less well formed. I went to clean it up this morning and it's like it was sitting in a puddle of water. Is this normal or could there be something wrong? He weighs 36g and seems to be gaining weight rapidly. He puts on 1-2g per day. He's up from 23g since the last time I posted.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Hceg":1chmgj2i said:
JoshD":1chmgj2i said:
That is normal, hornworms are super juicy and will cause runny poop
could superworms do this as well?

He's too young and small to get superworms or mealworms .

You could try silkworms , more nutritious than hormworms , but expect wet poos with them too.

Hugo

Speaking of poo and hornworms... I fed my three year old beardy boy a hornworm for the first time about two weeks ago. He hasn't pooped since then and I've bathed him in warm water multiple times, massaged his belly and fed him cooked pumpkin with a little bit of olive oil. Still nothing.

Our weather has also been fluctuating where I'm located so he's sort of gone back into a brumation type mode and sleeps after each time I feed him. He still has a great appetite and other than sleeping half the time he's active as usual (which really isn't much). What should I do??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom