Ceramic Heater or Basking Bulb or Infa Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisWAFC

Went to the local shop today trying to gather more information before i start to build.

I explained my setup up i was planning on building 4ft L x 1,5ft D x 2ft H and that i was going to have a 36" Arcadia 12% D3

All ok so far ?

I explained i was going to have a Basking bulb for during day and a ceramic for at night incase the temp dropped.

I was advised to just have a ceramic bulb for 24hr use and a day/night thermastat to control the 2 differnet temperatures.

Would appriciate your comments and thoughts.

Chris.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
You actually need to have a bright white basking light to protect your beardies eyes from the uvb. So the ceramic heat emitter will not work for your daytime basking/heat. The set up you mentioned is the correct one to use.

ChrisWAFC

Original Poster
gulfbrzdawn":d9b56 said:
You actually need to have a bright white basking light to protect your beardies eyes from the uvb. So the ceramic heat emitter will not work for your daytime basking/heat. The set up you mentioned is the correct one to use.

Thanks mate.

So i got back to my original set up of

1 x Arcadia 12% D3 36"
1 x 150W Basking light c/w dimming.
1 x 100w Ceramic c/w Therostat

Chris.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
The 150W may be too much for that size enclosure. When you are done with the viv, start out with a 100W, measure temps and see if that works. You may need a smaller watt bulb on the coolside to keep temps where you want them.

ChrisWAFC

Original Poster
gulfbrzdawn":69ff8 said:
The 150W may be too much for that size enclosure. When you are done with the viv, start out with a 100W, measure temps and see if that works. You may need a smaller watt bulb on the coolside to keep temps where you want them.

I only thought 150w because the dimmer would limit it.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom