Cause for Concern?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
After having read a few more articles, I'm now a bit concerned. Kana started turning gray for her shed almost a month ago, before Christmas and right at the beginning of our winter break. The only part of her body that she has shed is her eyelids. She eats well, poos normal, and is a very active dragon overall. However, this is driving me nuts, it looks like the shed should be off by now, but she doesn't even act like it itches or anything. Just to throw this out there, she was indeed a rescue and had horrible care before I got her, she had a lot of built up dung on her scales and some scale rot that I treated with a Betadine solution. She's in a 40 gallon breeder with a basking spot of around 103*, cool end upper 70's, on slate tile. Uvb is a reptisun 10. Eats a couple of superworms and salad of collards daily.
Help?

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
sorry, took me a while to find the cord for my camera.
Here is a pic of Kana back in November, before she started shedding.
PICT0065.jpg

And here are some pics from today.
PICT0150.jpg

PICT0154.jpg

PICT0151.jpg

Sorry for the image quality, bad camera.

pudden318

Sub-Adult Member
Exactly how many supers is she eating a day, she looks a tad bit on the skinny side. You can try putting some alovera on her at night so she doesnt lick it off. And trying soaking her twice a day in a warm bath and scrub her gently with a soft brissle tooth brush.

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Sounds good, she's been getting 1 bath a day and no toothbrush. She just came off of a bout with pinworms/coccidia, and has been eating between 5-10 supers a day with her greens.

pudden318

Sub-Adult Member
u should try giving her some reptaide to boost her appitite. also are you giving soy yogurt to get her belly back on track?

fez09

Extreme Poster
How old is she? I think she's on the skinny side too. Does she ever drink in the bath? I would increase her feeders to get her up to a better body weight and see if she'll take some oral water...

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
pudden318: I ran out of soy yogurt two days ago, so I've been giving her benebac mixed with baby food. I'll grab some reptaid tomorrow.
fez09: I'm not sure how old she is, I wasn't there when she was brought in to the store. I'm hazarding a guess of somewhere around 1.5 to 2 years. She doesn't drink in her baths. Should I just go with supers for a while along with the reptaid to get her back up to size? She seems to put on weight for a few days, then loses it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom