catching crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abe

Whenever its feeding time i drop some crickets in Lincolns viv, but when he's all done I try to get the crickets out it takes forever. Ive tried grabbing them with my hands and grabbing them with tweezers. They are so fast though and end up hiding under in between the tiles and the side of the viv and i cant reach them. Wondering if you guys have any advice or other methods :?:

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
I use a sterlyte shoe box, with my roaches, though with crix, toss them into the freezer for around 4-5 minutes to slow them down, then into the plastic box they go. Also, removing the hind legs ( yea i know , icky) will slow them down where they can't hop out of the box.
Janie.

A lot of people take their dragon out and give feeders in a seperate small enclosure. This could be an extra small tank or a rubbermaid container of the appropraite size. We just feed ours in their vivs. If you notice their are always 3 or 4 left just feed them 3 or 4 less.

Abe

Original Poster
Yeah, i think i will keep feeding him in the viv. Unless my fish die then my 10 gallon can become a feeder tank. thanks foe the advice and ideas.

I bought a Bug Vacuum from Toys r Us that works pretty good in catching the very few crickets my little one leaves over. It comes with a tube that is connected to the vacuum that you can shut and then remove and put the extra crickets away with the other crickets you have or feed them to something else you might have.

my beardie refuses to eat outside his cage, he'll just look at me and give me the "excuse me? who do you think you are?" look lol,
i've found the best way for feeding icarus is to take a piece of cardboard with slippery tape on one side so crickets can't climb up it and just split off the viv where there is just repti carpet and let him go hard on the crickets, i try to keep my crickets as healthy and active as possible so he gets some excercise through his big meals, when he's done i'll just grab the crickets with my hand, usually cornering them is the easiest way i've found, and they always crawled outta the vacuum so i decided against that when one crawled across my girlfriend's face in the middle of the nigght

Abe

Original Poster
Yeah my girlfriend would be pretty upset if a cricket got on her face. Thanks for the advice :D

Abe

Original Poster
Yeah that's not a bad price at all. thanks for the info i really appreciate it, everyone here is so helpful. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom