Catahoula's Diary (Always with Pics!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Diary,

Today mommy cleaned my cage and gave me a bath. I didn't like the bath much but she dropped water on my back and it felt good. I drank some of my bath water and then crawled out on her hand. I was so clean!

DSC00781.jpg

Yesterday she took me to a class with her. It was a little cooler than my tank but I curled up in her hoodie against her neck and slept the whole time.

I adore her!

DSC00787.jpg

DSC00788.jpg

Later today she took me around to her friends and we looked at tile for my new tank that's being built. After that, mommy put me to bed. I sleep in one of her tshirts in a cool cardboard cave, but she takes it out during the day.

DSC00780.jpg

I fell right to sleep! I always do in her shirt.

Goodnight!
-Catahoula

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Derrick! (Beardiesforthewin72 ) Are you cheating on me!? (on my thread :laughhard: ) I do love all the pics on the thread. Goodness! I wish I could get a pic of Myah not sleeping! :roll: I love the little shed pic. So tiny. Myah's last shed was longer then my whole hand! :shock: Babies. Oh, how I love the baby pics :D

Sinya

Original Poster
Hey Everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted the past few days. My bf and I live in the East and Hurricane Sandy hit us pretty bad. Luckily we were at my cousin's house farther in and didn't get anything past ridiculous winds and lots of rain. Sadly when we got back to my apartment last night, we found out that a tree had fallen in one of the windows and messed up the room pretty bad. (It was my reptile room so I was really happy I took my babies with me! A tank was crushed and there was glass everywhere :shock: ) My bf is helping me out with getting everything cleaned up and getting it repaired. Currrently my tanks and babies are in my bedroom and the bf is staying the night to help out. (yay!) Back to the diary though, I will post pictures in Catahoula's voice later tonight. He is okay and enjoying being home - although he is eating a lot less than usual. :/ probably due to stress.
Anyways, apologies and pictures to come!

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
glad to hear you're all ok and got in where it was safer from the storm. I live in PA (near Johnstown), we got mostly heavy rain/snow and heavy wind, no flooding or power outages. Sorry to hear about the tree falling and hitting your window and smashing the tank, atleast you weren't there and it's great that your BF is helping you out with it all..sounds like a good man :) Catahoula is so cute and I love all the pictures :D

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Glad to hear all is well. (Minus the window and tank) Looking forward to new pics and stories from/of Catahoula! :D

Sinya

Original Poster
Dear Diary,

The last few days have been crazy! Mommy and her boyfriend were afraid of someone called Sandy so we had to move out to mommy's cousin's house. It was scary! Her cousin has a big dog that kept nosing up to my cage and I didn't like it at all! Luckily, I was able to scare the big dog off and stand up to him to protect mommy. She closed the door to the bedroom after that so I didn't hurt the dog. I was so proud.
DSC00852.jpg

The storm was very loud at night and kept waking me up so I was grumpy. I tried sleeping in my hammock and that seemed to help.
DSC00851.jpg

But during the day there wasn't much to do so I worked on my tan.
DSC00853.jpg

I caught mom sneaking pictures of me tho. I was so embarassed! :oops:
DSC00854.jpg

Then today when mommy took me home, it was chilly in our home. A big brown thing with yucky tasting greens on it had fallen into the wall and broken a tank. That made me mad because I think mommy was going to get me a little brother or sister. Anyways, I was so tired and restless from not getting any sleep last night that I fell asleep in my bath today.
DSC00855.jpg

I didn't eat much because all this hustle and bustle upset my tummy but other than that, I had a good day. Hopefully my appetite will be back tomorrow. But for now, I'm off to sleep.

Love,
Catahoula
DSC00857.jpg

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Well, if you must cheat I'm glad you chose a pretty girl! :laughing6:
Oh, the bath pic was too much! What a tiny tot. She really is precious and I'm sure she eat you out of house and home once she's settled again :D

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
Sinya":24x9j95y said:
Luckily, I was able to scare the big dog off and stand up to him to protect mommy. She closed the door to the bedroom after that so I didn't hurt the dog. I was so proud.
Lol, and aww! That's so cute!! I bet she probably did think that, too :laughing6:

Bummer about your house getting attacked by a tree though. :( I hope everything gets fixed up soon! Feel free to give Catahoula a tiny squishy hug and a nose rub for me :)

Sinya

Original Poster
Awww thanks for all the quick comments (my goodness you guys are up late as I am :shock: ) I'll be sure to love on Catahoula today for all of you guys. :mrgreen:

I've noticed you guys all call Catahoula a 'she' while I have been saying 'he'. Am I missing something that makes him/her a female? I thought it was a bit early to tell.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Can you spell "Catahoula" phonetically? It is too early to tell so it may be how we "hear" the name. Or It may just be a feeling :wink:

snazzyglasses

Sub-Adult Member
My bad. After the first time I posted I even remember thinking "oh shoot, he's a he, don't call him a she next time you post!", but then apparently I completely forgot. Sorry about that! :oops:

Sinya

Original Poster
It's okay! I completely understand. No worries. :) I just have no idea what he/she is and just went with he.

Catahoula is pronouned Cat-AH-Hoo-La. Except said really fast. :p I named him/her because I loved the leopard pattern on his hind legs. I was tyring to think of a good leopard name and the dog breed, Catahoula Leopard Dog, popped into my head out of nowhere. :p Catahoula is just really fun to say.

I will definately be posting the gender when I figure it out. For now, I will call Catahoula a 'he' and you guys can choose either one. :) I was just worried that I had missed a give-away for gender.

Sinya

Original Poster
I will no longer be posting here. Catahoula passed away early this morning. Thank you everyone who followed along the thread and gave advice. I will probably not posting much at all anymore. My heart is broken.

Beardiesforthewin72

Sub-Adult Member
I'm so sooooo sorry that he didn't make it! please dont let this ruin your love for beardies! you did everything you could to help. Give it some time and get a new one they bring you so much joy! i hope to see you here again with a new baby and new love for beardies! best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom