carolina cages and spinach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
I watch the video the other day with the Carolina custom dragon guys and they claim to have bed all their bearded dragon spring mix. Now pretty much all spring mix has spinach in it and have checked the beautiful dragons nutrition chart and it doesn't look good. Some would argue that Kale is not good either though. I know thats not the case, I feed my baby kale all the time. So what I'm saying is there is alot of confusing and conflicting info out there should i feed my dragon this spring mix? Does anyone else feed spinach ?

Last edited:

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
I feed my dragons and my skinks spring mix and I’ve never had any health issues but of course I can’t ask him how he’s feeling lol 😂. I think as long as it’s not just a huge bowl of spinach it’s fine?

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
yeah those guys say they do it to but on the nutritional guide that friends from this forum gave me says it has a 19:1 ox\ca which is too high isnt it?

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
I personally think the vitamins and minerals in the spinach are good and I just try to give them a few spinach leaves mostly the Swiss chard and baby greens.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
I don’t really pay attention to the ratios just if it’s good for a staple or should be offered occasionally. There are a lot of reputable sources that know way more than me that recommend spring mix and like you said kale is supposed to be bad as well but it’s absolutely fine a staple green.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
You know what if you've done it friend I'll try it thank you for your responses. Me and you tend to cross paths a lot on here Rubble.

Rubble1212

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Rubble
You’ve helped me a ton I’m very appreciative 🙏. I love bearded dragons my wife had a necklace made for me for Christmas that says I love bearded dragons and maybe like 3 people lol 😂 (my wife, son and daughter). I’m kind of an animal person I’ve saved more animals than I can count lol. My wife has me on a budget for my expenses to feed all of them!

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Same here man I've got Pigs Birds lizards frogs at one point lol they get expensive I've got the colonies and the pigs eat a lot of greens to but yeah definitely like animals more than people lol. Construction for work and animals there's minimal interaction with people haha. That's rad about the neckless my wife bought me this not long ago its a mug for my favorite reptile our beardie Frey'ja. Shes a citrus tiger. I get loads of help that what this forum is for me and i love to pay it forward. I dont know ehat I would I've done without my friends on this forum I had a lots of reptiles in the past but never a bearded dragon and was not up to the task when I first got mine just like so many other people LOL.

Attachments

• 16458220946125806229908708148474.jpg
    16458220946125806229908708148474.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
well shes not my favorite I love all my animals the same but I put the most time into her and money lol

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I sometimes use spring mix but I also add greens from my yard at times like dandelion and green leaf clover or have mixed in extra kale, mustard, turnip or collard greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom