Carlos the beardie and Snagz my new shingleback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chameleon7

Hatchling Member
Hey guys, havent posted pics of carlos in a while and since i just got my Shingleback skink, thought i would show them both off! So here is Carlos fast asleep after a little bath:
86626-6680098125.jpg
86626-4077708474.jpg
For those wondering he is a western bearded dragon (P.Minor)
And last but definitely not least is my new Shingleback/Bobtail skink Snagz! thought i would call him Snagz because of his resemblance to a big sausage (snags or snagga is aussie slang for sausauge) I got him from an expo in western Australia last week. He/she is such a cutie, his Orange cheeks are to die for! photos aren't great but will take some better ones when i move him into his outdoor enclosure.
86626-5856793434.jpg
86626-6719566537.jpg
86626-4899103241.jpg
86626-4822745090.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Carlos is a really cutee ...

And Snagz is a good looking boy ... You gonna get him a girlfriend ?

My BTs love a raw chicken egg as a treat occasionally , I put one of the beardies into an old clamshell wading pool and let him or her do their thing , they soon spot the egg and know exactly what to do , they bite it hard and crack it and lick up the contents and then crunch up the shell , is messy , hence the old wading pool , works just as well with wild BTs .... they love it.
Not my BT in the vid , but it shows you how they tackle the problem : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BeGicQ-EAM

chameleon7

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks King, I was so close to buying a girlfriend for him as they were on sale for 99 bucks, but i thought i shouldn't bite off more than i can chew(i don't have alot of space right now) I'll def try the egg thing soon, maybe once i move him outside although a clean up crew may be needed, maybe slaters? also do george and mildred like mince or raw chicken, what have you found is there fav treat? :D

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
chameleon7":1gp0ztp1 said:
Thanks King, I was so close to buying a girlfriend for him as they were on sale for 99 bucks, but i thought i shouldn't bite off more than i can chew(i don't have alot of space right now) I'll def try the egg thing soon, maybe once i move him outside although a clean up crew may be needed, maybe slaters? also do george and mildred like mince or raw chicken, what have you found is there fav treat? :D

I only give boiled lean chicken mince occasionally , I don't give mine dog (or cat) food.
BTs will eat small birds (ground nesting) and their eggs , they don't eat beef in the wild (in the bush) so no beef for mine.
Yep I'm aware suburbian skinks will raid cat food and dog food and soon learn when the cat and dog food is made available . Doesn't mean these are good foods.

By far their fav treats are snails , big silkworms , super worms, raw chicken eggs, hardboiled chicken eggs mashed, banana, berries.
I don't usually have enough big silkworms to give them each one or two each day , they''ve been in heaven the last couple of months and loving their daily silkworms . These are a great staple.

chameleon7

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":66hy58hm said:
chameleon7":66hy58hm said:

I only give boiled lean chicken mince occasionally , I don't give mine dog (or cat) food.
BTs will eat small birds (ground nesting) and their eggs , they don't eat beef in the wild (in the bush) so no beef for mine.
Yep I'm aware suburbian skinks will raid cat food and dog food and soon learn when the cat and dog food is made available . Doesn't mean these are good foods.

By far their fav treats are snails , big silkworms , super worms, raw chicken eggs, hardboiled chicken eggs mashed, banana, berries.
I don't usually have enough big silkworms to give them each one or two each day , they''ve been in heaven the last couple of months and loving their daily silkworms . These are a great staple.
oh how i miss silkworms, carlos just loved them :( ... too bad our supplier stopped breeding them :x i have a few friends who supply me with free mulberyy leaves aswell! moving snagz outside tomorrow, will probs try have my first cuddle with him as he has been settling in, hopefully i can get some decent photos! :D

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
chameleon7":24c1thqg said:
kingofnobbys":24c1thqg said:
chameleon7":24c1thqg said:

oh how i miss silkworms, carlos just loved them :( ... too bad our supplier stopped breeding them :x i have a few friends who supply me with free mulberyy leaves aswell! moving snagz outside tomorrow, will probs try have my first cuddle with him as he has been settling in, hopefully i can get some decent photos! :D

Order in the silkworms as eggs .... is cheaper , and in about 7 - 14 days of shipping they'll start hatching, and in about 2 months , your beardie and skink will be having silkworms as staples.
Guy from AussieFauna has eggs I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom