Car Trip Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
Can you believe it I'm asking a question.

So taking Swatke on a trip today, we are just going to my parents house, picking him up at about 5:00 and just taking him with me picking something up, I might talk for a bit to them but then leave. Well I'm on my Jeep I have a place for change right by the wind shield. If I stick him there with his leash on a paper towel just in case of a bowel movement, he should be fine right? Also just going to take my sweat shirt for the drive home so he has a warm place to sleep.

What do you guys think? Sound good?

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
Sounds good to me :) Do you have something you could tie the leash off to in case he decides to start moving around while you're driving? Better if you're not trying to chase down a dragon while the car is still moving :p haha.

pepatt

Poisoned1":d52c9 said:
Also just going to take my sweat shirt for the drive home so he has a warm place to sleep.
Now I just got my first reptile, so correct me if I'm wrong, BUT...

Reptiles are cold-blooded. So a sweatshirt really isn't a warm place to sleep (unless you are heating it).
A sweatshirt feels warms to us because our bodies generate heat and the sweatshirt holds the heat in.
So really a sweatshirt is a soft place to sleep. Right or wrong?

So this raises another question. How long can a beardie be away from his basking lamp etc.? You know, room temperature.

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
pepatt":9a893 said:
Poisoned1":9a893 said:
Also just going to take my sweat shirt for the drive home so he has a warm place to sleep.
Now I just got my first reptile, so correct me if I'm wrong, BUT...

Reptiles are cold-blooded. So a sweatshirt really isn't a warm place to sleep (unless you are heating it).
A sweatshirt feels warms to us because our bodies generate heat and the sweatshirt holds the heat in.
So really a sweatshirt is a soft place to sleep. Right or wrong?

So this raises another question. How long can a beardie be away from his basking lamp etc.? You know, room temperature.

Well you also got to remember it was night time so temperatures could have gone down to 65 degrees and he would have been fine. I placed him in my sweatshirt as well to give him darkness so he would not run around after dark.

therese30

Funny thing! I took my boy on a ride in my jeep and put him in that same spot yesterday! LOL We went to the skate rink to pick up my daughter. He did fine and had a great time looking around. The jeep is also one of my babies.

pepatt

Poisoned1":a90c2 said:
pepatt":a90c2 said:
Poisoned1":a90c2 said:
Well you also got to remember it was night time so temperatures could have gone down to 65 degrees and he would have been fine. I placed him in my sweatshirt as well to give him darkness so he would not run around after dark.
Ah! see, this is where filling in your location in your profile would be helpful! In my neck of the woods it got down to 28° last night. :shock: That's a bit chillier than you experienced!
I'm in a whole different world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cr0w
Top Bottom