Cant pick my dragon up

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinko562

Hatchling Member
my 1 1/2 month bearded dragon wont let me get near it he/she was cool with me picking it up when it was 3 weeks when i first got it and for about 2 weeks i was able to hold it and now for the pass 2 weeks he/she is acting like its the end of the world when i get near, running, jumping from my hand, opening its mouth and hissing, seriously heavy breathing ribs go in and out like crazy. and its starting to piss me off i cant even get it out the tank to give it a bath! it hasnt had a bath in about a week the last time i was able to get him out i was walking to the bathroom and he/she jumped from my hands (5 foot drop) and ran behind the tv stand had to wait 2 hrs til it came out then ran under the couch took a total of 3 hrs to get him into his bath, then on the way back to his/her cage she ran under the stairs. so i cant get a hold of it i already tried a bunch of tips from different forums but nothings working you spend all the time and money making sure their healthy and you cant even get the reward of holding it. i currently have 4 adult bearded dragons that are 5yrs old (seperate tank from this baby dragon and the tanks arent even near each other the adults are in the garage this one in my room) i never had a problem of holding any of them at any time. so i dont know how to deal with this.

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
Mine also likes to try to jump, so when we're going from point A to point B through the main part of the house, we use a Rubbermaid container. That should at least solve the problem of her getting away from you when you're going to have a bath.

...I wish I could offer more advice, but that's about all I've got. Hopefully someone with a little more experience can give you something more thorough.

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
babys find everything scary so they have to act tough you just have to keep going dont show her your scared and she will calm down with age

Puff2011

My Puff always ran from me at first. The people I got her from told me to bring her back and pick a different one. I thought that was mean so I just held her in her viv for the first few months and did baths in the tupperware in the viv. I think she was 5 months old when I started taking her to explore the couch. She is 14 months old and very accustomed to being handled now. She only squirms when she wants to explore and I am holding her back from her adventures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom