Can't catch crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leia247

Our 6month (approx) can't catch her crickets. She can get a few but then the others get away. She won't take them from hand or tweezers.
It's kind if like she misses one or two and then gives up hunting the others...

Any tips on what to do?

XiDiS

Juvie Member
Are you feeding her inside her viv? You might try taking her out and feeding her in a smaller container where its just her and the food.

Leia247

Original Poster
She refuses to eat crickets - only about 5 today and is now refusing wax worms which he gobbled at yesterday.

She did have a very liquid poop.

Please help

AmStaffPit

I have a 6 month old as well. In regards to feeding crickets, I used to take mine out and put him in a seperate feeding tank. Ihave since stopped and now feed him in his cage. I put the crickets in a small dog bowl. It is stainless steel, 5 -6 inches in diameter and about an inch high. I purchased it PetCo.http://www.petco.com/product/112055...less-Steel-Cat-Bowl.aspx?CoreCat=OnSiteSearch It is slippery enough that the crickets can jump out, tall enough that they cant climb out and low enough for Rango to get in and have fun eating. Yeah a few climb on him and get out but the majority go in his belly. What ever is left after about 15 minutes go back in the my cricket or roach bin depending on what it is.

DTRM30

Hatchling Member
We just pinch one of their back legs (sometimes it comes off, sometimes it just disables it)- they can still crawl, but not jump very well. Ours also doesn't like to hunt, but is getting better. Takes a few minutes longer but works for us.

Leia247

Original Poster
Hi guys

Should've put an update on here, she's now eating her crickets... Not as many as people on here are suggesting for her age but she eats until she lets us know she's full by walking away.

She'll only eat of we take out all the furniture in the tank though as she refuses to chase them behind logs lol
She does chase them around the viv but then gets too tired/bored and will stare at us until we herd them into a corner for her. Spoilt rotten.

Also her poops are normal. So yay!
She didn't go a few days back so I have her a warm bath and she pooped In it ( first time) and he got all excited. She tried to hold it for a bath now it seems. I don't think she likes to go in her viv cause she used to do it near the door and then get as far away as possible and Blackbeard until it was gone.

She's even started to eat a bit of salad! I was gob smacked when I offered her a bit and she just munched it straight away!

Such a wee munchkin!

Her legs have also stopped twitching and she's much more active since getting her new Arcadia UVB

So all is well well for now :)

AmStaffPit

Leia247":3ddpnt7y said:
Hi guys

Should've put an update on here, she's now eating her crickets... Not as many as people on here are suggesting for her age but she eats until she lets us know she's full by walking away.

She'll only eat of we take out all the furniture in the tank though as she refuses to chase them behind logs lol
She does chase them around the viv but then gets too tired/bored and will stare at us until we herd them into a corner for her. Spoilt rotten.

Also her poops are normal. So yay!
She didn't go a few days back so I have her a warm bath and she pooped In it ( first time) and he got all excited. She tried to hold it for a bath now it seems. I don't think she likes to go in her viv cause she used to do it near the door and then get as far away as possible and Blackbeard until it was gone.

She's even started to eat a bit of salad! I was gob smacked when I offered her a bit and she just munched it straight away!

Such a wee munchkin!

Her legs have also stopped twitching and she's much more active since getting her new Arcadia UVB

So all is well well for now :)

Glad to hear all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom