Cannabis Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What is arm waving about telling you to stop insulting people?
I know arm wavey is your go to phrase when you have nothing else to defend your ridiculous behaviour, but dont dish insults out to people and then get mad when you get called out for it.

And like stated, cannabis growing in Australia had hardly anything to do with why blue posted. But like always you ignore the important parts of a post, and start an argument on the one little thing you can find contrary. You can never just leave be.

Do you want to discuss the fact that blue has been feeding his dragon the leaves for awhile now with no outwardly showing Ill effects? Or do you just want to always be able to find something you can say contrary.
I'll even let you post a chart if you want to ;)

-Brandon

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
claudiusx":3devdzwg said:
What is arm waving about telling you to stop insulting people?
I know arm wavey is your go to phrase when you have nothing else to defend your ridiculous behaviour, but dont dish insults out to people and then get mad when you get called out for it.

And like stated, cannabis growing in Australia had hardly anything to do with why blue posted. But like always you ignore the important parts of a post, and start an argument on the one little thing you can find contrary. You can never just leave be.

Do you want to discuss the fact that blue has been feeding his dragon the leaves for awhile now with no outwardly showing Ill effects? Or do you just want to always be able to find something you can say contrary.
I'll even let you post a chart if you want to ;)

-Brandon

Since when were you appointed a moderator ?

And like I've already stated , dragons are very good at hiding it when they sick. So just because someone who is "under the influence" fails to notice anything "obvious" is no proof it's safe or has no ill effects on the dragon afterwards.
You don't need to be intoxicated to miss that or not know a dragon is ill.

More will just be going in ever diminishing circles and a waste of time.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Nobby, you dont need to be a moderator on a reptile board on the internet to be a decent human being who doesnt go around insulting people who disagree with you.

Glad that you agree you're not contributing to this thread, now hopefully you can stop and other people will post their experiences so we can continue to learn on this subject.

Ps, calling them hippies and people "under the influence" implying they wouldn't notice if their dragon is sick doesnt make them look bad, it makes you. Constant name calling and belittling from you.

-Brandon

Bluekush

kingofnobbys":2r0bhj44 said:
Bluekush":2r0bhj44 said:
kingofnobbys":2r0bhj44 said:
Bluekush":2r0bhj44 said:
So I'm just gunna come out here and say this. My bearded dragon is almost two. I also grow cannabis. There's only certain veggies I can get my bearded dragon to eat dandelions, arugala, and some other stuff that hard to get. But he loves eating my weed plants. He'll eat the bud to if I let him. I don't because it's mine. But this is a little ridiculous, if that bearded dragon was living in the wild and came across the plant he would eat it so I really don't see the problem. I can't see it poisening the bearded dragon as I let mine eat fan leaves that have thc. It's not poisen like that it's not even active until its heated up ie. smoking or cooking.

Sorry pal, no wild cannabis plants in central bearded dragon natural range , too hot, too dry. The cows, sheep, goats, camels, roos and wallabies would eat it all long before any hungry bearded dragon found it, much like everything else green and "herby".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_Valley_cannabis_infestation actually cannabis grows naturally all over the world even in climate it shouldn't be in it is an aggressive weed.

My home turf …. I live in the hunter valley , and I've never encountered a wild cannabis plant in my 62 years , and I've done plenty 4x4 trips down very remote fire trails all over the valley .

Seen plenty of pot grown in backyards , so I know what the plant looks like , and alas , I also know the stench of it being smoked , guy next door is addicted to it and in summer months we can't have a window or door open without the stench invading our home (we happen to be downwind of him).

Cops and local councils destroy every cannabis plant they find ( they are ripped up and either burnt on site or taken to the local hazardous waste incinerator for immediate destruction , and what illicit plantations are eluding the rangers, and trial bike cops in remote hard to access areas of the valley don't last long in bushfire season.

No wild central bearded dragon in the hunter valley, the bearded dragons here are eastern bearded dragons and there is a lot of other herby stuff other than pot for them to munch on. BTW the Hunter Valley is bigger than many USA states and European countries , 11,252 sq miles.
So the "infestion" of hemp of 12 sq mi claimed in the Wiki article represents about 0.1 % of the area of the hunter valley , that was over 50 years ago , it's moved from hidden forest cannabis plantations to grow houses now ( easier to hide apparently ).

Strickly illegal to grow cannabis here in Australia , and illegal to have it in your possession.

If you want places where there are cannabis plantations hidden in the bush , the far north coast (Nimbin is the place for you , well maybe not now as a they've had a boost in cop numbers in the last few years who are targeting the growers and dealers and users , and the magistrates court in Nimbin is working overtime sending most the growers and their dealers and users (especially those who driving under the influence) to prison. Which IMO is a very good thing.

I think zero tolerance for illicit drug production, distribution and possession is the best way to keep everyone else safe. I am in favor of literally throwing the book at these people. Cannabis use in Australian should be only allowed under strict medical supervision and not in any way be made normalized as a social drug. We have more than enough problems with drinkers.

If you are a user , it's very bad form letting your pet dragon anywhere near your cannabis plants or cannabis products or the smoke created by you.

Wow. I used to think highly of you when reading through posts. First off your just typing out random nonsense. Yes cannabis can be grown in Australia. Not because a bunch of hippies plant them every year. I live in Canada it's supposed to be to cold for the plant and they come back naturally in certain areas. Also no cannabis is not more effective if consumed raw. It has to be cooked still to be active. Tbh no one cares about how you feel about legality. I live in Canada weed is legle, and is a friggen plant that grows easily that my bearded dragon likes to eat. It's not known to be poisen no animal has ever died from consuming cannabis, also he's a picky eater, mostly horn worms and refuses crickets spinach kale (wich I'm aware is not good dragon food) . Also if you really want nutritional info on cannabis look up "hemp" as you won't get all those pro pot sites. I won't send any links because you'll just find flaws in it. I suggest you do some more research tho. I'm not processing it into hash and forcing him to eat it. He simple enjoys it. hell for all I kno he's getting high off it and loves it. Very doubtfull tho.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
So you have no proof other than your personal opinion that it's OK to let your dragon eat raw cannabis heads and leaves.

That's all you have by way of proof. No one has produced any hard scientific evidence that indicates letting your dragon consume the leaves and heads is safe for the dragon ( not that I've seen in this thread of elsewhere online or in the peer reviewed scientific literature ).

My responses that are drawn from scientific literature .
In your opinion all of which is just a load of anticannibis rubbish,
Keep on sprouting pro-cannabis "propaganda" if you wish. Expect to be jumped all over.

It's harmful for humans who are much larger (bodymass wise) than any bearded dragon , hence more able to cope with the toxins in the herb's parts. Why do you think it's illegal to drive while intoxicated after / while consuming cannabis ?

Very bad form letting your dragon consume cannabis, if you must consume it / use it, that's your business (legally or not), but do your dragon a huge favour and keep the noxious stuff away from the innocent dragon. It's not funny or fair let it eat the stuff.

Encouraging your dragon (who just sees a what it thinks is a green leafy herb) consume it is abuse of the privilege of being able to have a bearded dragon as a pet and animal cruelty.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
kingofnobbys":2z8iqs7m said:
So you have no proof other than your personal opinion that it's OK to let your dragon eat raw cannabis heads and leaves.

That's all you have by way of proof.

And it's your personal opinion that it's not safe. And that's all YOU have for "proof"
Drop it.

kingofnobbys":2z8iqs7m said:
Keep on sprouting pro-cannabis "propaganda" if you wish. Expect to be jumped all over.
Threatening to "jump all over someone" for litterally discussing the topic at hand, should get you banned for harassment once and for all.

-Brandon

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
claudiusx":16522dy3 said:
kingofnobbys":16522dy3 said:

That's all you have by way of proof.

And it's your personal opinion that it's not safe. And that's all YOU have for "proof"
Drop it.

kingofnobbys":16522dy3 said:
Threatening to "jump all over someone" for litterally discussing the topic at hand, should get you banned for harassment once and for all.

-Brandon

…. self appointed pretend moderator again.

At least I'm drawing on science and actual scientific literature to support my opinion , something you have failed to do entirely , if you had hard facts and hard scientific literature that backed your opinion you would have cited and quoted it by now.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't have an opinion on it for or against it. That's why I'm not posting things for or against it. What i'm curious about is people's experiences, and that's what this thread is for. So let people use the thread for what it was made for.

-Brandon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't feel that this discussion is being productive any longer so I'm going to lock the thread. I encourage open, levelheaded discussion across many topics to further the best interests of our dragons. Hopefully this (and many other) discussions can continue in a positive way in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syafiqmust
Top Bottom