Can you identify STRESS MARKS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlimeCounty

Hey all. I just read about stress marks, and am wondering if MurderFace is stressed. Below is a pic, with what I believe to be stress marks highlighted with a red circle and arrow. If someone could please either confirm or deny these as stress marks, it would really help me to address the issue as soon as possible. I've had MurderFace for about 9 days, since March 21, 2011. He is about 5 months old, eats well, about 24 crickets per day, maybe 6 waxworms every day, and always has water and greens (mustard and collard) which get dusted twice per week so far. The thermometer is in the center of the cage, just a few inches to the right of his basking spot, the thermometer reads at 100 F while the lights are on (if moved closer to the light will read 110F) and 75f when the lights are off. He gets 14 hours of light, with a reptisun 10.0 and a 150 watt basking lamp, both about 18 inches above his basking spot. His terrarium is 12 inches wide, 36 inches long, and 16 inches high, with a Zilla reptile liner. He recently sheded over the course of 3 days, and gets a bath twice a week...can't really think of any other information that might help to determine what, if anything I may be doing to stress him out.

DSCF0325%2B-%2BCopy.JPG

Grogshla

Juvie Member
hey mate. That sounds good. By the way those are not stress marks so don't stress. You will see more pigmentation when they are stressed and it is all over their tummies and neck. Your set up looks good i would only say that your uvb light should be within 6-9 inches of your dragon. Basking lamp can be the same distance as it is now but personally i use a 60w light and just lower it closer to the basking spot.

SlimeCounty

Original Poster
that is definitely a relief, thanks. As for the UVB bulb, the package said 20 inches, so i figured i was actually doing good. any other thoughts on that? also, i guess i should clarify, the uvb bulb is about 18 inches from the floor of the tank, when he crawls up his basking log he is much closer, the log is at an incline, so the higher up he goes, the closer he gets, his usual spot is about 10-12 inches away from the bulbs.

Shortie

Those marks are nothing to worry about :) Murderface is soo cute and he's got an awesome name!! My Ozzy gets wee marks too :)

Do you think Murderface [the character] looks like Jack Gibson of Exodus?

SlimeCounty

Original Poster
Shortie":1v3gcm8s said:
Those marks are nothing to worry about :) Murderface is soo cute and he's got an awesome name!! My Ozzy gets wee marks too :)

Do you think Murderface [the character] looks like Jack Gibson of Exodus?

ha, OzzY...awesome, but whatever you do, don't get him a mate named Sharon, he may be happier, but the rest of the world will suffer. And nah, that Jack Gibson guy looks like everyone else in metal, personally I think MurderFace would best be played by either Randall Tex Cobb or John C. Reily. Most likely Reily, just because Cobb has aged a bit, his prime was most definitely the '80's...If you really wanna see a true life Dethklok check out Amon Amarth, watch a live performance by them, they have the same classic Dethklok stances.

Shortie

He won't be gettin a mate called Sharon anytime soon soon! :p

I only said Jack cause he's got the tashe and the flat jawline lol! Amon Armath played here not long ago, but I'm not that much into them. My bf likes them though but I've not seen a live clip of them yet *youtubes*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trishreyhui
Top Bottom