can you have two boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

lillahine

we have been promising my daughter a Chinese water dragon for a few months now so we were planning on getting her something. My hubby called and a coworker has a beardie they are wanting to get rid of because they don't have time for him anymore. Anyways we already have fluffy who is a male and he is about 10 months old, I wouldn't mind having another beardie instead of the cwd since we know how to care for them. I have read having 2 males could be bad what are your thoughts on this? I know they shouldn't be housed together but what about them being around each other? Fluffy is out of his viv a lot during the day and has a lot of out of tank time. I would expect we would let the new out a lot too. I would like to give another beardie the spoiled life fluffy has but not if its going to cause any problems. Just looking for thoughts on getting him or should I just stick to getting a Chinese water dragon?
Thanks

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Whether it's two males or females, or a combination of the two, you should always closely supervise the interaction at all times. There's just no telling what could suddenly snap and a vicious fight would happen. However, there's also the rare chance that two males could get along with no ill effects, but honestly, it'd take a lot of 'training' to get to that point.

Even if you reconsider and get a CWD instead, you still need to be careful when interacting the two.

herpgirl2510

Sub-Adult Member
I know my Rosie who is a male cannot even see another male. I had a female and he was around her once and he immediately tried to mate with her. I would say plan for the worst case that the enclosures would have to be placed so the beardies could not see each other. There are plenty of people who have no issue with them being in the same room but just in case have a back up plan that they could not see eachother. Placing two beardies together is very risky many times males will fight with each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom