Can They Scratch Glass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfeden

Hatchling Member
I'm just wondering if a BD's nails or spikes are hard enough to scratch aquarium glass.

The enclosure that came with my adopted beardie is very old and really scratched up. So much so that it's distracting when viewing the BD and overall unsightly.

This is a very old tank, about 20 years, so it's been through a lot.
I'm thinking of getting something new but won't bother if the beardie will just scratch it up over time.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Wolfeden

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks, that's promising.

Anyone else housing beardies in a glass enclosure have input?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Glass is pretty hard to scratch actually. The scratches are probably from decorations (stones, sand, metal maybe) rather than any inhabitants. Acrylic on the other hand scratches rather easily. I have had many glass tanks for and not had the glass scratch by pets or myself - but I've ruined acrylic tanks just by washing them too hard.

I wouldn't let it stop you from upgrading your tank :)

Wolfeden

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for your help here and in my other threads Taterbug!

I just wanted to be sure the scratches on my existing tank were not from the beardie, and now I'm convinced they are not.

Time to upgrade, indeed. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom