Can Subcut Lactated ringers be administered orally?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is she doing?
Yes, you can just replace the water with the Ringer's solution, that will be fine. I agree, her body
size looks good to me as well. Her head has an interesting shape, it is a bit longer than most I
have seen on here.
The blood test overall, looks good. There isn't any indication of infection & the liver function &
kidney function are in normal ranges.
Keep trying with her, eventually she will most likely end up filling out more into her second year.

Tracie

mactac

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Gary, Nari
Hello,

How is she doing?
Yes, you can just replace the water with the Ringer's solution, that will be fine. I agree, her body
size looks good to me as well. Her head has an interesting shape, it is a bit longer than most I
have seen on here.
The blood test overall, looks good. There isn't any indication of infection & the liver function &
kidney function are in normal ranges.
Keep trying with her, eventually she will most likely end up filling out more into her second year.

Tracie

Thanks Tracie! She is doing OK, but definitely low energy - she will not get out of her hide to warm up unless we manually move her.

@Claudiusx mentioned coaching people to get their beardies to eat again after syringe feeding. We've had to do this (successfully twice [once with this one, once with our other one]), but would love to know your process for doing so, since we're just taking a trial and error approach of not feeding her for a few days at a time to see if she will eat (which she does not).

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom