can someone tell me how to wire an extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
im making a homemade enclosure not for my beardie but my boa. i need a light fixture on the top it 3/4 plywood. and i want one can just wire to anextension cord to and not have this big box with wire like this kids got http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQKJPKrhCaA&feature=channel_page it looks like the cords just wired into the fixture. i want one that i can just hook up to a dimmer cord to turn it off and on. i dont know if you can buy them already with a cord on it. thanks

RedHandFilms

Sub-Adult Member
This may not be exactly what you're looking for, but here is a simple wiring diagram for two lights, and a florescent fixture. With this set up, the light bulbs are wired onto a dimmer switch while the florescent fixture remains unchanged. You could use a cheap extension cord for the wires. Hope this helps.
Wiring.jpg

Josh48329

Are you looking for a fixture or just trying to wire one? If you're trying to figure out how to wire it, just cut the end off of the extension cord and hook black to black, white to white. Use good quality wire nuts and then tape over them with electrical tape.

Also, if you did something like in the diagram above with multiple lights, you should use an extension cord with AWG 12 size wire or larger (so AWG 12 or less -- the smaller the number, the larger the wire diameter).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom