Can someone look over the specs of my viv

Status
Not open for further replies.
Info
I am in the process of building a viv with a sliding door. It will be 4 feet long, 2 feet wide, and 2 feet tall. I will make one part of the viv tile and little bit of it sand. It will have three heat lights, the wattage of the bulbs will be progressevely smaller as you move down the viv to allow him to move to different temperatures. It is going to have two 36 inch ZooMed ReptiSun 10.0's for uvb, the reptisun lights will be about 12 inches from the bearded dragon. It will have circular ventilation holes for air to move freely inside the viv.

The Question

Do you think this is a good size and that i have included all the needed things, any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thank You

norbertbd

Hatchling Member
I'm a little new to this myself but I think you can save some money on your lights. You probably only will need 1 heat light or you might fry your little guy. I think you will only need 1 ReptiSun 10.0 as well.

My enclosure is slighly smaller than yours and my temps are good with only 1 heat light, a halogen flood. I have it on a dimmer so I can adjust the temps as needed for the house conditions. You may need side vents as well for ventilation.

Have fun building.

brazilman93

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestions but it is cold in my house because of my parents and i already messured the temeperatures on all parts of the viv. On the hot side it is 110 degrees, in the middle about 95 and on the cool side about 85-90. Also i talked to an experienced breeder in my city and he suggested i get two reptisun uvb lights because of size of container, BTW i already bought the lights so it can't hurt my beardy to get some extra UVBs.

slantedii

Hatchling Member
Hey, just thought i would post this for you to see...there can always be too much of a good thing, uv exposure is one of them. This was a post a while back , heres the link if you wanna look at the whole thing.

[ Invalid URL Removed / p= t=49276 f=45 ]

1) UV overexposure in a reptile is almost like UV overexposure for a human. Equivelant: BAD SUNBURN Just like when a BD is unhappy, impacted, hurt, or generally unhappy, the skin darkens. Remove the UV source IMMEDIATELY! Leave them off of any UV for 48-72 hours. However, leave your temp devices alone. Drastic changes in the temperature can shock the skin, and leave scarring, or cause shock in the dragon itself.

slantedii

Hatchling Member
one more thing...85-90 for a cool spot my be a bit hot, i think high 70s will give your beardy the range of temperature differences that are more suitable. Remember that in the shade (where your beardy in the wild would go to cool down) its about 20-25 degrees cooler than a basking spot (roughly). just my $ .02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom