Can someone clear this up, STRESS MARKS?????? BAFFLED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,
I'm getting the hang of using this forum and been reading peoples posts carefully and i've been learning alot. But one thing that I never heard of until I came to this site is the Stress Marks on the Stomach. I have many books and I don't remember one mentioning this. What exactly do the stress marks look like. Because I'll tell ya one thing, all my beardies have marks on their undersides. Is this a bad thing??????? Actually I just went over to every beardies tank and noticed that one of mine doesn't have any at all right now. That is soooooo weird that I never noticed this. Are they supposed to be pure tan or beige on their bellies. Wow!! I'm glad I read this, I'm soooo disappointed in myself that I handle these guys all the time and I didn't even notice that their bellies change. Sooooo weird!!! HAHA
I hope I get some replies soon, cuz now I'm a little worried that I'm stress'in everyone and I didn't even know it!
thanks in advace,'
JJ

Tigg

Juvie Member
I don't really think anyone has truely cracked the code on these "Stress Marks" because they are not solely related to stress. Some people say they have seen their BD underbelly marks get darker and lighter as their BDs alter their colouration for heat and light absorbtion, some say they notice them when their BD is hungry, some even say it's a good way to tell the hydration level (I don't know if any of these are true) I personally notice these on mine every single time I look at him, Sometimes darker than others, not matter if its the exact same routine or something new so I am not so sure I would change anything I was doing based on them. There are many other tell tale signs and behaviours that BD's will express when they are uncomfortable, upset, calm, comfortable, stressed, and even when they want to be left alone.

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
I call them cranky lines because that's what they are - when the boys are cranky they show up.

yea i dont no y thay come are y thay go but i have seen this if my dragons are in a deep sleep thay have no makings at all but in the day thay are all ways thar prity much so im nt sure if been waching them and jst monitring to unlock the secert to the stress marks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom