Can parsnips or carrots impact beardies if they're too big

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisb43

I've recently started feeding Roscoe parsnips and I never noticed how hard they actually are. The pieces were the size of probably a little smaller that your pinky nail and square in shape. I noticed when watching him eat that it looked like he was chewing it but still basically swallowing it whole. My question is will it digest properly and break down or does it pose the risk of impaction. He's 10 and a half months old probably 17 or 18 inches long.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, since he's a big guy it will probably be O.K.unless he ate a big serving of them. A baby would almost certainly have trouble with those.In the future it would be best to grate them though....better safe than sorry.

Chrisb43

Original Poster
He probably ate 3-5 of them before I took them out. I plan on grating them next time. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JGFill
Top Bottom