Can O'

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I wanted to test out Can O' insect blend from ZooMed. When they arrived, I was quite surprised by the smell (They were cooked in natural oils or something.) it wasn't too bad!

So, I put about a mix of 5 in, morios, crickets, grasshoppers.

He was really intrigued by them, but didn't go for them. So I started to drag one of the crickets around the viv to make it look like it was moving, then he eat it.

Is there any way possible to make him want to eat those on his own?

Beardy90

The can o snails has worked really well for my tegu, but i think live crickets/superworms/grasshoppers are best for beardies. My beardie gets can o pillars as a treat a couple of times a month and he loves them, but it's not something i would give as a staple diet.

Kriechtier

I use them all the time and my Dragon grew like crazy.
However, I do hand-feed them via chop sticks and she is really crazy for them. They are actually not cooked in oils as far as I can see from the packaging but in their own juices.
You want to watch out to keep all other foods diverse (vegetables) and make sure to supplement vitamins and calcium.
I tried also the canned Silkworms and they work just as well. Love the convenience!

Unfortunately convenience is the only positive factor with these products when associated with beardies, and unfortunately that only benefits the owner, not the pet.

Live feeders are really the only way to go in the way of insects, just make sure you dont add too many as to avoid them biting anybodies tails :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom