Can normals be colourful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drgnfly2265

Sub-Adult Member
I think that some can be. Midna is a normal but as she got older she got a lot of color around her eyes. The rest of her body stayed a normal color though... I would have loved to see her whole body the color that is around her eyes :shock:
DSCN3429.jpg

Your little beardie is a cutie! Where did you get him from? Do you know if the parents had certain colors to them?

Mysticsilk

Original Poster
I bought him from pughs garden centre (uk) he was the brightest of the bunch (personality and colour wise) and has a yellow blob on his beard (which is great because I didn't lose him among the others). I don't know anything about his parents sadly but I saw him there and just had to take him home, he literally has the sweetest personality and has shown no sign of aggression towards me though he is kind of shy, I named him scooch :D My one doesn't have a lot of colour on his face like Midna though :eek:

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
Normals can be very colorful :). Type in "petsmart beardie page" in the search bar on this site, they are all normals from petsmart, you will be surprised just how vibrant they can be :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wanna see pretty normals just go look at Michaels (beardednoob) beardies. All of them are from petsmart and they are stunning.

-Brandon

Spydr

I got mine from work (Petsmart) and it was identified here as a trans leatherback and now is showing lots of greenish yellow.

Silver

Hatchling Member
Silver is a normal and really has a lot of orange popping out especially on the head.Here's a pic after his first shed which was this afternoon. Maybe I'm just a proud parent! lol!

b774f5ab.jpg

Mysticsilk

Original Poster
Ooh she looks lovely, how old is she? I hope I see her when she's older because her colours are going to be stunning :love5: her colouration is kind of like a tigers also those silvery markings look unusual. Scooch looks really yellow today, I hope he keeps getting brighter, can't believe he actually ate his salad today. :D

Mysticsilk

Original Poster
O.O I'm seeing a lot of stunning petsmart babies, maybe I should go there some day. But seriously I wonder if they get them from citrus/normal breeders?

Silver

Hatchling Member
Nikki ...look at that color...just gorgeous. I hope Silver's oranges start to pop like that. Ordered him some silkworms as a reward for that quick easy shed! Just got home from work and he was sleeping. He's wrapped around my neck now. Big time cuddler.

Jeanne

bdalton

Sub-Adult Member
Mysticsilk":1axelnov said:
But seriously I wonder if they get them from citrus/normal breeders?

I think whats happening now is colorful beardies are so in demand at the moment, that its actually getting harder to find normals. I think your right, that the breeders that petsmart and stuff uses have kept their "normal" base breeders, but added in a colorphase somewhere into their lines so they dont have to get rid of their normals, but breed them to the color, and then eventually use the new babies for breeding purposes and getting alot more color. I think eventually pretty much all beardies are going to be colorful. Even if you breed a normal to a bright dragon, your going to get some nice color.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Your little one is sooo cute, I love babies! You'll just have to wait until he grows older, you never know how his colours will change. It's always a surprise!

You can only know if they're a certain type if you have all the info on their parents & grandparents. I have a beardie named Rubio, who's supposed to be a citrus, but he's a golden colour. He's also huge! Lonzo was born brick red but he's now brown/black spots/yellow. Leo is a rescue, a normal, but his head is bright yellow. I don't know Didi's background but he's bright orange/yellow:

Rubio, he's 3 yrs old and has a great smile, he's a pet shop beardie:
2011129.jpg

2010003-1.jpg

Lonzo, he'll be 9 yrs old in April, adopted him so don't know if he's from a pet shop or breeder:
2010373.jpg

Leo, he's 5 yrs old, from Craigs List:
009-2.jpg

Didi he's 6 yrs old: he's brighter in person than I can get from a picture, he's adopted:
013-1.jpg

You never can tell how your beardie will turn out, but their colours change as they get older, then fade some as they get past 5 yrs old sometimes.
Didi is as bright now as he was when I got him 2 years ago. So it all depends.
Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom