Can I walk my dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbrown23

Just out of curiosity do you think my bearded dragon would enjoy being walked to the park? Maybe not on the ground because I live in a dirty city, but do you think he would enjoy if I held him and brought him to the park and just let him hangout in the open air?

yes that is possible many people do that i walk my dragon with my dog sometimes. i also wouldnt put him on the ground because of diseases and bacteria but you can buy leashes. :blob8:

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
Until a bird or airplane flys over head. Just hold on very tight. Just joking. They get super spooked thinking a bird is going to get them so keep a leash on them so they don't dash off. You can't believe how fast they can move when that happens and I would hate to see you lose your beardie. Do it gradually until it gets used to being outside. Once he is secure with you and you know how he's going to act, you'll be able to predict any crazy actions or he might just be cool and calm. Yesterday I had to take my truck to the Toyota dealer to have the dash taken apart. My beardie got out of the bin and climbed up behind the dash while I was driving on a bridge on the interstate so I couldn't stop. Talk about embarassing. Geez!

tbrown23

Original Poster
hehe, how cute. and I didn't even think they would get so spooked over a bird, thanks for the advice, I'll definitely use a leash. :p

athenae

tbrown23":dd3d0 said:
hehe, how cute. and I didn't even think they would get so spooked over a bird, thanks for the advice, I'll definitely use a leash. :p

be careful to use a harness type lizard leash, and be ready for your dragon to struggle while you're trying to put it on --
another issue of going to a public park -- try to avoid going when there are a lot of people -- having strangers coming up out of curiosity may be very stressful for the dragon [yes, even turtles recognize people they know from strangers].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom