Can i house 2 adult females together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystalReptile

Hatchling Member
well, right now i have a baby and one that isnit quite an adult.(houses in diff. cages, of course) Both are femals, and in a month or so i will be getting a 55 gallon or bigger tank (depending on what i can find) so, my bigger one is in a 20 gal, and my baby in a 10 gal. i will move the big girl (alex) into the 55+ tank and the baby (jess) in the 20 gallon untill she is big enough to be housed with Alex. Will this be ok, as i dont have enough room to have 2 55+gallon tanks, as i have a total of 8 tanks in my room already...i want the best for them, and i really hope it is ok that i can house then together. Of course i will ahve multiple basking spots, 2 food dishes, and several hiding places to share between them. i love them both and would hate it if i had to give on up!!!! :blob8:

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
It isnt a matter of like or dislike. Dragons are solitary and competitive with each other by nature. When you put 2 adult dragons together you roll the dice on their lives or at the very least injuries.

CrystalReptile

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Oh, well...that really is a downer, i must find room (and the cash) for anouther cage *starts talking under breath* well.i could remove the bed... :roll:

CrystalReptile

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
:blob8: Actually, i ahve been looking around, and many people have done it sucsesfully. I am really considering it, and i wil most likely get a taank larger than 55 gal, and people say you should just keep an eye out. they are both freindly and i hope for the best. ( of coure this will only happen in a year or so ahah) if i see 1 incident of agression i will separate them for good, but i am going to try it.

SARBEAR

Sub-Adult Member
Good luck...
The only thing that would scare me about housing them together is if one day while you're out, one decides she wants the whole tank to herself, and you're not there to stop it.
Even if they were okay with each other over the span of a couple weeks doesn't mean every second of everyday they will like each other. It only takes a short amount of time for instinct to kick in, and it can happen any time...
I will never house dragons together, I'd rather be safe then sorry.
But like I said, good luck, and I hope nothing but the best for your dragons!!!

Females can be just as aggressive as males. My female used to try to murder my sisters little gal. If you wanted to house two dragons together humanely you have to provide double the space you would provide a single dragon. 55 gallons especially if it is not a breeder tank is barely large enough for one dragon let alone two. Most 55 gallon tanks are too narrow and do not have adequate ground space. Some people on here argue that you only need a 3'l x 2w' per dragon but I would recommend at least a 4'l x 2'w x 2'h. So to house a pair you would need to build something that is something like 6'l x 3'w x 2'h

CrystalReptile

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
of course! i will try and get the biggest tank possibale. Now, im just thinking of getting two seprate cages. if any of you know, how much would a 55 or 75 gallon be at....petco or petsmart? I cant seem to find the link on the websites.....thanks! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfry_Zoey
Top Bottom