Can i handle my bearded dragon the first day i get him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3HUNNA

So tomorrow im getting an adult male, who is about 3 years old. Ive already held him a couple times, and last time he seemed comfortable with me. When i put him back, he followed me in his cage like he wanted to be left out. Should i wait before handling him or can i do it from the first day?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
It's kind to give them some time to settle in and get used to their new environment and situation. If he seems calm and relaxed you could have him out for breif periods but his attitude may change for a little bit due to the stress of moving to a new hom and new owner.

Before you put him in his new living accommodations give him a ten minute handle.

Some dragons take to re-homing better than others. My mature male was already very skinny when we got him and didn't eat for a good 3 days. We only took him out for baths until he started eating to minimize stress. Honestly if he wasn't dehydrated we probably wouldn't have even removed him for baths to just let him settle. Meanwhile Miss Tubby (rescued both at the same time) ate and pooped the same day she came home. It's a toss up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom