Can he go to bigger tank yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
oUr beardie is now about 8 inches long. She (we think) is currently housed in a temporary 10 gal tank. The big one (a 40gal breeder is ready to go). Don't have a 20 gal. Is it too soon to move her to the big one? thanks! :?:

Bobbijo2u

Hatchling Member
I would move her. 10 g is pretty small. When we brought ours home we had a 10 g and a week later it became our cricket keeper and I put our bd in a 40 . I am about to move him into a 100g as soon as I have it all set up.

nevrenufanimals

Original Poster
thanks for all the quick responses! I am planning to just go with ceramic tile for the floor and a small dig box of play sand. Can anyone tell me when it would be a good time to put the sand box in? (how many inches long?)

wilddanny88

Juvie Member
Oops I didn't see that you already had a 40 gal breeder! :oops: I wouldn't recommend putting sand in the dig box. Most people use alfalfa pellets because if you're beardie accidentally ingests one, there is no chance on impaction. I've also heard that they hate the taste of em' anyway. :) But the 40 gal breeder is fine to move him into.

mikewithsfi

Hatchling Member
Go with the pellets for the sand box. I know people with beardies who go their whole life and no impaction from the sand, and others who get impacted constantly. If you use sand, dont allow your beardie to eat near or in the sand box. If you feed crickets to your beardie, think about another tank just to feed the crickets. Some may think this is extra and a hassle but Impactions can be very dangerous and life threatening. I agree with claudiusx it is never to soon for a bigger tank.

nevrenufanimals

Original Poster
Ok! Alfalfa pellets will do then! Is it too soon to put a dig box in there with her? Also, as we speak, she is now in her new tank! For the past hour, she has been checking everything out, climbing on all her branches, her new hidey rock, and living up to her name "Ricochet" cause she's been bouncing off the walls again!! It's too funny to watch! I do believe she loves the new extra area to run around in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom