Can beardis get strokes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muchtoons

Jane my beardie is sick. She is 4 years old. Can beardies get a stroke? The symptoms are, when she tries to walk she losses her balance and just ends up walking in circles. It's like she can't use her back legs. Then she falls on her side or back with her leds strait out and then doesn't move for a while. She won't/can't eat. Her eyes are always full of sand and her one eye she doesn't open so she can't see. When her eyes are clear she has no intrest in eating. i've been feding her with a straw and a syringe. I also founfd a growth in her mouth, on the outside of her bottom jaw. She has been like this for abou 3 weeks now, not getting worse or better. The closest vet is 4 hours away. Please help. Thanks.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hello there,
I cannot give you all the answers you need but I can try to help with what I do know.

- Has she been passing stools?
Not using back legs can be a sign of severe impaction, which would also account for her lack of appetite.

- What kind of sand do you have her on?
Have you been washing the sand out of her eye?
If her eyes are always full of sand remove the sand from your viv immediately.
You can use paper towels as a temporary measure.

- The growth is cause for concern, and it is doubtful we can help you out with that. It really does sound like she needs to see a vet right away.
Is she resisting you feeding her?
Could there be a chance that you caught her mouth with the syringe?

More questions for you to answer?
How long have you had your dragon?
What lighting are you using (be specific as to the brand)?
How old is the lighting?
What is she being fed?
What suppliments do you use?
What are her temperatures? Measure both basking and coolside.
What are you using to take these temperatures?

Posting pictures of your dragon, her mouth, and her enclosure can also help us to help you.

Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom