Can Bearded Dragons Be Outside In The Summer If Its Humid?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Florida, and its very humid. (Around 70% - 80%). So I was wondering if he can be outside in the summer. I told my mom and she said that he probably can't breathe. Is this true?? Thanks everyone. Bye!!
:)
:)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It probably won't cause an issue if he isn't outside for too long, but it's on the high side for extended periods.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I know of several keepers who live in tropical coastal climates (that I expect are even more extreme than anything you'll find in Florida) , such North Queensland on the coast where there is a long hot very humid wet summer who let the beardies outside on sunny days. Even a couple of keepers who live in the Daintree area and near Cooktown and Cairns. Not all the homes up there are airconditioned either.
Lower limit of Florida is 25oN , this corresponds with Rockhamption here (right on The Tropic of Capricorn) and a long way north is Cairns at 15oS.

Not heard of these beardies suffering any ill effects from the high humidity up there in summer.

It's important to provide adequate shade and pick times in the day when the humidity is not quite as bad (like in the morning).

BeardedDragonLover11

Original Poster
Hey all, I know this is really very late but I just want to thank you guys. It was very very helpful. He is happy and healthy now and always like usual. ;)

CooperDragon":30b5b5qa said:
It probably won't cause an issue if he isn't outside for too long, but it's on the high side for extended periods.

Thank you CooperDragon :)

kingofnobbys":30b5b5qa said:
I know of several keepers who live in tropical coastal climates (that I expect are even more extreme than anything you'll find in Florida) , such North Queensland on the coast where there is a long hot very humid wet summer who let the beardies outside on sunny days. Even a couple of keepers who live in the Daintree area and near Cooktown and Cairns. Not all the homes up there are airconditioned either.
Lower limit of Florida is 25oN , this corresponds with Rockhamption here (right on The Tropic of Capricorn) and a long way north is Cairns at 15oS.

Not heard of these beardies suffering any ill effects from the high humidity up there in summer.

It's important to provide adequate shade and pick times in the day when the humidity is not quite as bad (like in the morning).

And thank you too kingofnobbys!! Very informative and helpful both of you. I am not in a very humid part of Florida (Hopefully), and its less humid now, (hopefully again). Thank you. Thanks to you both my beardie is very very happy and healthy. (I know that I have been using "very very" in this paragraph/post, lol.) :) ;) You both are very very helpful and will always be. Thanks again to both of you!! I will surely help you back sometime when you need it.

BeardedDragonLover11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulesD
Top Bottom