Can anyone predict age?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A week ago, a friend had found a bearded dragon in his apartment dumpster. He knew I had owned beardies for a while so he brought it over to me. When I had seen the little guy, I had pronounced it DOA. dead on arrival.
I live in colorado, and tempatures are dropping. It's amazing he survived at all. He also has health issues, including what I believe is MBD.
He is in good hands, don't worry. and he has done a complete turn around from day 1.

But I am having a hard time determining the age of this little guy. Can anyone give me an estimate?

day1_zps1d181f60.jpg

First picture is the first day I had got him. He refused to open his eyes and he couldn't move. That is a quarter for size reference.

day5_zps7fec4404.jpg

This picture was taken today, comparing him to my other 2 dragons who are over a year now.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw, poor lil' guy ! How nice of you to take him [ or her ] I would guess possibly 4 months or more, but severely stunted and he has severe MBD. The bumps you see are from weak bones that may fracture, and then when the body has any available calcium , it deposits it and overcompensates in those compromised areas. :( But he looks much brighter than when you first got him , Good job ! Since he has very weak bone structure, be extra sure not to handle him roughly in any way, nor let him fall from even a small height. He probably can't climb, but if he can, make sure his basking platform has a very gradual incline for ease of climbing. I hope the best for your little sick one !

damein1234

Original Poster
Thank you guys for the responses! Because of his size I was thinking he was a bit younger. But its not like it matters too much to me. I was just curious.

and AHBD, you are correct. He still can not move well. He wants to get better though. He was wanting to move around his cage and hunt a little, so I took everything out, broke legs off of crickets and he had a hay day! He doesn't move well, but its well enough.

You don't have to worry about handling. He is in great care now. Its just going to take time. One day he will be a real beardie!

damein1234

Original Poster
I do have another question. Though I know he will never live up to the size of my amazing 3 legged beardie, Scurvy, Will he one day look like a regular lizard?

I am really asking if the lumps on his back are something that will grow with him. I have seen many pictures of full grown beardies with giant abnormal lumps on their back because of this disease.

Again, I don't ever intend on breeding him, nor is he ANY kind of pretty expensive show lizard. I wouldn't care if he had another arm growing out of his head. I was just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom