Can anyone help me with what color morph my guy might be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

argolupin

Hatchling Member
Hi,
I don't think this fit under any other category, but i am having trouble figuring out his color morph. please keep in mind that these pictures were taken about a month ago within a couple of days of him being rescued and he was a hungry boy, and i had just run out of waxworms and was just learning about bearded dragons on here. His name is Apollo and he had fattened up a bit.

Apollopic2March182011.jpg

ApolloMarch182011.jpg

argolupin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
he is definately plumping up, still won't eat veggies or pellets, but i keep dusting his crickets and wax worms(alternating calcium and multivitims every day only dusting firt meal of day)(not able to order pheonix worms at the moment and the place around here that did sell them has been out for three weeks) he eats a lot of crickets and i gut load the crickets with the veggies he doesn't eat. i put the wax worms on his veggies hoping he will develop a taste for them, i am going off the list from beautiful dragons website. he is aggitated right now because he is shedding and not used to being handled, he had only been fed once every three days and was kept in a 10 gallon aquarium prior to me getting him close to a month ago.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Looks like a citrus too me also, I bet he will be really pretty as a adult. I love bright yellows with the lavender/blue side bars.

argolupin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
he's about 7inches snout to vent length, and another 9 inches including the tail, no idea how old he is, again he was kept in a 10 gallon his entire life, hoping he'll grow now that he has everythin g proper in his tank and he's in a 75 gallon and now that he's being fed every day. i'm feeding juvinile food (my vet said to feed it to him for a couple of months since he is probably low on a lot of nutrition) and i'm feeding him as much as he'll eat with leaving dry pellets down all the time for him. keeping my fingers crossed, him and my birds all have appointments in a month and a half.

BSC

Well this is my dragon and she is a citrus tiger.....could almost be brother and sister in my opinion :)

is.php

argolupin

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
does yours darken up at times to almost normal looking color? mine keeps doing that but i keep giving him everything he needs, when financial situation eases up i willbuild him a better cage with more to do, but its hard for me to tell if he is happy. he likes to run back and forth in the 75 gallon, and every morning when i turn on the light he nodds to me then half an hour later when i go to geed him he flares his beard out at me for close to 20 min.

BSC

argolupin":3dhtgbq8 said:
does yours darken up at times to almost normal looking color? mine keeps doing that but i keep giving him everything he needs, when financial situation eases up i willbuild him a better cage with more to do, but its hard for me to tell if he is happy. he likes to run back and forth in the 75 gallon, and every morning when i turn on the light he nodds to me then half an hour later when i go to geed him he flares his beard out at me for close to 20 min.

Mine is always dark when she is under the light. Her color changes pretty quick after I pick her up though.

75gal is a nice size for a single dragon I think. If you just got him I would give it some time...he probably needs to adjust and it sounds like he probably has not been treated real well and handled much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom