Can anyone give me a rundown on popular bearded dragon genet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sj45

I'm not catching on to any of the genetics, lost in the het hypo, smoothie, translucent, etc. I really don't know any so anything you can provide is great, thanks.

Bearded Dragon 101 please :p Scott.

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Hi there. The morphs are different varieties of beardies. Hypo translucent dragons have clear nails and skin. They are very pretty but normally more expensive. You should go to bloodbankdragons.com if you want to see what they look like. They are so beautiful. I don't know much about the other morphs. Sorry if this doesn't help.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Some of the more expensive breeds are the ones with the leatherback or silkback traits.

Leatherback is a genetic disorder which makes the scales small and makes them have a 'smooth' appearance.
Silkbacks are the result of two leatherbacks mating to create essentially a super leatherback which we call silk backs because the scales they have arn't visible or they don't have any, they kinda look like a smooth salamander and a bearded dragon mixed together.

Here is a leatherback
leatherbackbd.jpg

And here is a silkback
Silkbackbd.jpg

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Wow I've never seen a silk back bearded dragon before! They are so cool! Sorry had to say that. :D

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
duke11":6a514 said:
Wow I've never seen a silk back bearded dragon before! They are so cool! Sorry had to say that. :D

Cool, but sooo exspensive :protest:

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Unique":fbc9f said:
I like the snow ones and the orange giants!

When the snow beardies were still farily new to the trade I wanted one so badly. One of my friends offered me a fully grown snow female because he was going away for the summer and couldn't keep her but either could I so I had to decline. It makes me sad cuz I still want one really bad :dontknow:

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Wow, you're right, silkies are VERY expensive! I love German giants. I also think hypo translucent dragons are so pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom