Can an agressive mother produce nippy babies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have two male bearded dragons and two females. I have bread 1 male to two females for a while now. What I have noticed is that my nippy female who trys to bite me just about every time my hand goes into her cage tends to produce extremely nippy babies. The babies are not overcrowded and they get plenty to eat, their fat bellies are proof of that. The other female produces beautiful clutches with only a slight tail nip here and there. I was wondering if anyone else has any experience with certain mothers producing nippy babies?

cinnamongirl

Original Poster
I should probably add that I won't be breeding this mother anymore and will most likely be freezing the clutch in the incubator if I can work up the nerve.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Dont freeze the clutch.
Drop your temp to about 81 degrees and slow them down.
It may take another week or 2 for them to hatch but I have found I get less nippy babys this way.
They also hatch a bit bigger.

Your nippy babys, are they a citrus line by chance?

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
I never really noticed it till David from Carolina Dragons pointed it out on a post, but Citrus lines tend toward fiestyness.
Trust TheFatMan and turn down your temps on the last clutch.
Im sure you will see a difference

spyder79

Extreme Poster
Yes agressive dragons can produce aggressive offspring. It has always seemed to me that certain lines lean towards aggression as well. Such as the hypo line, which i have noted on many occasions to be more aggressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom