Can a beardie become vegetarian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nena

Hello All!!!

I haven't been here in a while!! but I love reading all the post about the new beardie parents and reminince about when I was a new parent too!! Charlie is 2 and half now... but for some reason he's giving up on crickets, supers, waxworms, mealies, horworms... however he devours his salad... we refill it twice a day... and he's pooping regularly for the amount of greens he eats... we took him to the vet and he gave him a vitamin shot to give him more energy in case he was brumating a bit... but no such luck... he hasn't lost any weight.. this has been going on for 2 months now... any thoughts?? the weirdest thing is... that I went vegetarian a few months ago... isn't that weird??

Hugs for all!

Charlie's Momma!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Beardies should naturally prefer salad over bugs as they get older, since they don't need to protein as much as they did when they were babies. Just keep offering the bugs. Have you tried sticking them in his salad at all? Something you could try is sticking the crickets in the freezer for a couple minutes until they stop moving or die, and mix them in with his salad. For some reason, Dudley loves it when I pre-kill his crickets like that. :roll: Or even get a pellet food or Nature Zone's "Beardie Bites" to mix in with it for protein.

I'm vegetarian too, and I wish Dud would follow my lead as well! Haha. He still prefers his buggies over salad any day, and he is 3-4 yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom