Can 2 female bearded dragons have sex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty747

This topic of discussion has also just happened in one of my vivariums. I have just witnessed what I believe is the same scenario with my two. I have two beardies that have been together since birth and I am convinced they are both female. I have had them for 12 months now and also have two other deffo male beardies in other vivs. I have studied internet pages for information and guidance on all things beardie over the last 18 months or so and my personal visualisation of the vents suggest two female. I do admit that the vent situation on one is difficult to assess because there is little/no obvious bumps or pertrusions, but I believe this usually indicates female. Aswell as that, having two definate males in other vivs means i have witnessed a males behavior with headbobbing and deep black beards many times and the way they behave. I have had the two males reacting as you would expect when this suspect male/female beardie is within site, and she/he reacts with the waving and ever so slight head bob and deffo not how two males react. I have never witnessed a black beard or major head bobbing from this suspect beardie so I am still convined it is female even tho i find it totally hard to believe that the clinch/mating session could happen between two females. I shall keep you informed of further developments, but I am still fairly confident that they are both females as the original poster on this topic believes with his.
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudeGurl
Top Bottom