Came across a Uromastyx this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
I am so glad he ended up with you, you actually care what happens to him and it's obvious you want to give him a great life. That's so awful they were going to put him out with the trash, makes me sick to my stomach. I agree you're doing a fantastic job so far, and he is way cute. I love how pudgy he is!! I recently started feeding my uro Doug edible flowers. He seems to love pink hibiscus the best. I like giving them as varied a diet as possible.. The only thing I've been told to stay away from for uros is fruit. Just thought I'd share. I'm really excited about the flowers, it's so funny watching him attack it and run around his cage with it.

-Kaleen

Danielle4

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Zilla is eating like crazy all week well when I woke him up this morning I see his legs, belly and back are going to shed along with some of his face. I'm so glad he is growning does anyone have advise on calming them down? He hula dances and will try to whip you with his tail. Once you have him in your hand he is fine as long as you have a firm grip on him. He does not seem to like to be handled at all.

I started by taking Yoshi out just as his lights went on, so he wasn't warm enough to go mad running etc. hes all sleepy and floppy :) then he got used to me holding him knowing I wasn't going to hurt him. so now even when he's fully awake and warm he does his wiggle when I go tp pick him up but he stays still and doesnt whip, lets me pick him up and then just looks at me as I hold him :) with the occasional lick of my finger. :D

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Bugs are not what their bodies were designed for. Its the same reason you don't feed bugs to tortoises, its not what their bodies need.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylis342
Top Bottom