Calliope *My New Baby Bruver

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Wednesday, my two new babies, a little boy and a little girl, will be arriving from Annapolis Bearded Dragons. Finally!!! After suffering through the posts of when they hatched, to seeing the shed pictures, and going through the "selection" process, the wait is almost over :blob5:

I am going to start this post for them and I will change the title to reflect their names once they arrive. And YES, they do already have names, however I am chosing not to disclose them until their official introductions into this wonderful bd.org family. :mrgreen:

I will start out though by sharing their new homes with everyone, now that they are complete. We are currently burning in the new MVB's so they should be ready to go by Wednesday morning.

Little Missy's Viv

One for Little Mister

And units together

Their bath/feeding tub (w/towels)

The worm bar..

...and the crickets (the container on top has Lucy's (gecko) crickets in it)

And this is what we had for dinner...

JK...these are all the sticks that were bleached and baked.

2 DAYS AND A WAKE-UP :banghead:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
smiley1660.gif

I'm so sorry, Robin. (I'm too upset right now to say anymore)

[Edit: Needed to add this pic]
hades_rainbow_bridge.jpg

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Robin, even though I pm'd you, I wanted to give you both my condolences here too. It is so terribly hard to lose a beardie and even harder not knowing what went wrong. You certainly tried everything that you possibly could to try to get him to eat. And, you both loved him very deeply. Now he is running around with the other special beardies including my Widge who will show him the way & watch over him. Now the tears are flowing here..............

Hugs to both of you.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Oh no. Oh no no no.

Im so sorry. I felt the grief in every word you wrote and Im on the brink myself.
Some little lives arent long for this world, no matter how much we love them.
Im glad he experienced real love in his short time with us.

I hope Katherine is coping.

So sorry.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm sooo sorry. I don't think anything could have been done to make him better, or else you would have been able to. It just hurts soo much to loose Hades. Obviously something was wrong that no-one could have fixed. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Goonie":376d5 said:
smiley1660.gif

I'm so sorry, Robin. (I'm too upset right now to say anymore)

[Edit: Needed to add this pic]
hades_rainbow_bridge.jpg
Oh my goodness Gina, what a special picture you made up. Very touching............

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much all! It was hard for me to post this knowing that all of you have been there since the day he arrived. Hubby is totally heart-broken. We had Hades on order before he was even hatched, so this is hard for him (In 5 years of marriage I have only seen the man cry one other time)

Gina - thank you so much for that picture. Even though I held his poor little body waiting for hubby to bury him, the picture you placed of him entering the gates is how I need to remember him.

I have talked to Anthony and he has offered to send us another baby from that clutch. Too soon to choose another right now, but we are getting ready to move so it's probably best to wait until I know we won't have to move the new one around. I may wait until September and surprise hubby for his birthday.

All of my updates now will be all about Calliope, she is happy and thriving... hunting right now as I'm typing. She is definitely going to be a beauty when she grows up.

I love you all! You are the best "I have never met you in person, but I feel like I've known you forever" group of friends anyone could ask for.

msmaui

Juvie Member
Robin, I'm so very sorry about little Hades. I cried when I read it. Nothing else I can say right now.

Nancy

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Oh Robin...I'm so sorry to hear about Hades...haven't been online all day really though I was thinking of all of you. Hades was the one at the top of my mind after reading how worried you were yesterday. Don't know what else to say gotta go join everyone else and cry for awhile.

((((((Cyber Hugs!))))))

R.I.P. Precious Little Hades

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Robin, oh dear Robin :cry: :cry: I can't say much, no words can help. You did your best you know that. oh, I can't stop crying. :cry: (((HUGS)))
Gina- that was beautiful, no words,just beautiful.

Holly- Katherine is mine not Robins. But thanks so for your concern. She will cry tomorrow though, 'cause we got our babies on the same day and Katherine has been following along. :cry: She is a sensitive little soul.
Robin, I grieve with thee, my heart crys out with thee. :cry: :cry: I need more tissue! (((HUGS))) :cry:

Sandy H

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Robin, I'm so sorry. Although I haven't commented on this thread much, I've been following along and hoping like crazy that Hades would start to eat for you. I'm so sorry that he didn't make it. You did everything possible for the little guy. {{{hugs}}}

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Oh Robin... I am so so very sorry! I just logged on and went straight to my posts. Yours was on top and when I saw Goodbye..... :cry:

I wish there was something I could say to make it all better. I wish I had an answer for you. I know how much you and hubby loved and cared for little Hades.

Take comfort in knowing Hades is in a peaceful place now. Now you can watch him grow through Calliope.

My heart goes out to you and your husband.

R.I.P. Sweet Hades

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Holly- you were NOT insensitive> That was very thoughtful. I can't expect you to keep us all matched with dragons and children. I haven't told Katherine yet. She will be upset. She gets attached to other's dragons too. ( Just like the rest of us.)

Robin- I thought of you and hubby all night. My heart is still heavy. :cry:

Sandy H

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thanks everyone for your support!

Nancy - don't worry about not saying anything. You thoughts are quite enough

Barbara - Thank you for the hugs... definitely needed

Sandy - Thanks for your sentiments - I really want to think that we did everything we could. I just don't know why he stopped eating.

Sandy H. Somehow I had a feeling that this would hit you quite hard. :cry: I'm very sorry that I even had to post a memorial. Please tell Katherine not to be too sad. Reassure her that he is no longer sick and there are so many loving beardies over Rainbow Bridge to help guide him and take care of him. Would you please also tell her that I don't think that Bogey is there with him.... I just wanted him to pass along a message if he does happen to see him.

Dawn - We did love him very much in the short time he was with us. It hit hubby really hard.

This morning was a little difficult. All of the viv lights are on.... except one. Hubby put a picture of Hades in the viv on the basking spot. That man never ceases to amaze me. Most of the time he is a no-nonense, impatient and gruff kind of guy. The uber-sensitive side is new to even me.

As much as I hate to, I have to go get ready for a car show :? There is a Grand Re-Opening of the Corvette Diner in San Diego and the entire parking lot is going to have all 6 generations of the Corvette displayed for the diner patrons to look at. As much as I would prefer to stay home, we committed a while back and it will only be until 3. Maybe we can get some pictures of some of the cool era cars, If so I will post them in the Off-Topic forum.

Talk to everyone later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom