Calliope *My New Baby Bruver

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Wednesday, my two new babies, a little boy and a little girl, will be arriving from Annapolis Bearded Dragons. Finally!!! After suffering through the posts of when they hatched, to seeing the shed pictures, and going through the "selection" process, the wait is almost over :blob5:

I am going to start this post for them and I will change the title to reflect their names once they arrive. And YES, they do already have names, however I am chosing not to disclose them until their official introductions into this wonderful bd.org family. :mrgreen:

I will start out though by sharing their new homes with everyone, now that they are complete. We are currently burning in the new MVB's so they should be ready to go by Wednesday morning.

Little Missy's Viv

One for Little Mister

And units together

Their bath/feeding tub (w/towels)

The worm bar..

...and the crickets (the container on top has Lucy's (gecko) crickets in it)

And this is what we had for dinner...

JK...these are all the sticks that were bleached and baked.

2 DAYS AND A WAKE-UP :banghead:

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Neromom39":30180 said:
And just think... Sometime next month, Miss Dawn will more than likely be in "worrier" mode. :mrgreen:

Well, it won't be next month. The baby I'm getting hasn't even been born yet! :wink:

When the time does come and mine won't eat, I'm shipping him/her off to visit Auntie Robin or Auntie Sandy for Gerber feedings :lol:

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
I'll give you an extra rock, but I can't hand feed another one. I only have two hands. Both of which are mostly used to pull Daniel out of trouble. :lol:

Auntie Sandy

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
gulfbrzdawn":081af said:
Well, it won't be next month. The baby I'm getting hasn't even been born yet! :wink:
So it's official... Rexie is going to have a sibling :blob5:

gulfbrzdawn":081af said:
When the time does come and mine won't eat, I'm shipping him/her off to visit Auntie Robin or Auntie Sandy for Gerber feedings :lol:
Yeah right!! Like you are going to let it out of your sight :mrgreen:

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Yes....I was actually just asking Rex today if she would like a little brother or sister. I'm still trying to figure out whether or not I was getting a stink-eye or an okie-dokie eye from her! :lol:

I haven't told anyone yet though! The only other person who knows is the grandmother of the baby-to-be, Barbara! :lol:

We're just a little worried about shipping from Cali to FL. I have never receieved one in a box and Barb has never shipped one in a box! :roll: The whole thing is just a little unsettling for me!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
gulfbrzdawn":08adb said:
I think you should photoshop a pic of Hades face on the Gerber babyfood label....LOL....that would be great! (sounds like a job for Gina)
Ask and you shall receive :mrgreen:

gerberbabyhades.jpg

gerber_squash_jar.jpg

(Careful what you ask for -- insomnia makes me do things I typically would think twice about)

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Gina... you are absolutely the best!!!

That is the most adorable thing ever. Do you think if we pitch it to Gerber they will replace Humphrey Bogart's face on the label?

I bet sales would plummet in a nano-second!

"Whaaaaaaat! I'm not feeding my baby food that's got a picture of a lizard on it!!!!!" :laughhard:

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
gulfbrzdawn":1b170 said:
We're just a little worried about shipping from Cali to FL. I have never receieved one in a box and Barb has never shipped one in a box! :roll: The whole thing is just a little unsettling for me!
I think that is the main issue all around when having a new baby shipped. My two were shipped to Cali from Maryland.

If she hasn't already, I'm sure Barbara could PM some of the breeders and get some shipping tips (haha those two words together sound funny to me) from them and I'm sure your baby will arrive safe and sound.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Ramoth and Allison got here safe and sound. They were in a little plastic bowl with tissues then in a box with styrofoam chuncks. They didn't even have any stress marks. :D Janice (TATTY) used something called ship your reptile I believe. The cost was great! And they were on time! :D I'm sure she can advise Barb when the time comes.

Gina- I love the lable. Great job as usual! :blob8: :blob5:

Sandy h

Hey, have we hijacked a thread here? :mrgreen:

xxdragonflamesxx

Hatchling Member
Hey everyone,

What a cute and entertaining thread! I just got my new baby Elliott on Saturday and I am having issues with him eating crix and greens. The only thing he will eat is wax worms. I know they are not the healthiest for him, so I have ordered some phoenix worms and those should be here tomorrow afternoon. I have not resorted to baby food yet as he is eating 3-6 wax worms a day and is pooping and drinking water (via drops off his nose from the spray bottle). He hasn't had any stress marks for the last 2 days so I think he is getting more comfortable. I will have to try the cricket feeding tips from this thread. I have another question...I am getting a Mega Ray today (I had a powersun but those apparently have been having issues so that's why the megaray now). I do not have any other place to put Elliott. What can I do with him during the "burn in period"? Can I just monitor it closely and raise or lower as needed? Any other suggestions?

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
xxdragonflamesxx":8e6e8 said:
I have another question...I am getting a Mega Ray today (I had a powersun but those apparently have been having issues so that's why the megaray now). I do not have any other place to put Elliott. What can I do with him during the "burn in period"? Can I just monitor it closely and raise or lower as needed? Any other suggestions?

Welcome little Elliot!!

During the burn is period which can take from 3 - 7 days, if you get a basking bulb and fixture as long as you keep the temps up, little Elliot should be fine without the UVB for a few days. Just burn the MegaRay outside of the enclosure. And be sure to feed him all of his supplements. You do have calcium WITHOUT D3, correct. You do not need the D3 with the MVBs. Just making sure.

Feel free to ask questions any time. Between this thread, Zak-n-Wheezies thread, Allison and Ramoth's thread, and all of the other fun threads you will find an abudance of information.

xxdragonflamesxx

Hatchling Member
I will be getting the Calcium without D3 today. I just recently found that out. Thanks for the information. You have been very helpful.

xxdragonflamesxx

Hatchling Member
I thought of another question already. :D While I am burning in the bulb should i have it on for 12 hours off for 12 hours like how it's going to be operated? Or should I have it on for the whole time?

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Burn it in on the same schedule as you would have the lights on. 12 on 12 off is fine. Leaving it on 24/7 may cause it to overheat. If you can set it up to check the temps, that would be optimal. Then you could determine when they stop fluctuating. If you can do this, remember... for a 100w, basking spot needs to be minimum 12 in from bulb. 160w, 18 in minimum. And leave the thermometer on the spot for at least 45 minutes. You could probablt let the bulb burn on it's own for the first couple of days to get rid of the initial gases and then start monitoring the temps on day 3 or 4. Once they stabilize, then you should be good to go to put little Elliott underneath it.

xxdragonflamesxx

Hatchling Member
How do I find those other 2 threads you were talking about...Zak-n-Wheezies thread, Allison and Ramoth's thread. I tried to search, but nothing came up...maybe I am searching wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camila
Top Bottom