calling all canadians.......need input

Status
Not open for further replies.

smegol

Ok, after searching every city in Atlantic Canada, I have had zip luck in finding a repti-sun 10", I can order from the U.S., for over a hundred bucks once you pay the shipping and international fees, and six weeks waiting. :banghead: Im just about done with Smegol's new viv and wondering what would be second best! Now before anybody sounds off, my beardie does deserve the best, but there has got to be thousand of other beardie owners in Canada.................... what do you guys use and have you had any problems. Any advice would be surely apreciated.

BeardieNewbie15

Hatchling Member
I use a Repti-Glo 10.0 UVB bulb (tube, not coil) I have read a lot of people on this forum 'bashing' this bulb, but I am not willing and not able to fork up $100 + for a light. The Repti-Glo 10.0 tube that I buy is about $30 and you can get it from Mr. Pets or Petcetera (I live in BC) I have only ever used this UVB bulb with my beardie and she thrives with it, I've never had an issue. Hope this helps! :D

zillathakilla

Juvie Member
Ah yes the age old problem of canadas stupid laws lol,i was in the same boat 3 months ago, use this website http://www.petsandponds.com/ itll cost you $55 in total but its well worth it,i just started using mine and zilla is very active and alert and healthy as ever! i also bought a fixture from rona for $18 so its not to badly priced.hope this can help you.

pumpkinman

Hatchling Member
There is a new Canadian based web store opening up in the next month. Specializing in Herps. Full Zoomed line at prices close to what the Americans pay. A 36" bulb will be around $30 and about $13 to ship. Of course if you order more the shipping per bulb drops.
I will give out the name when it launches.

smegol

Original Poster
Thanks guys for you input. I just ordered a reptisun 1.0 from pets and ponds. Total cost was 68.97 for a 48" bulb. I am looking forward to the new herp store opening in Canada. Custom making smegol's new viv. I will post some pics when completed.

BlueDevil

Hatchling Member
pumpkinman":6gpbqxan said:
There is a new Canadian based web store opening up in the next month. Specializing in Herps. Full Zoomed line at prices close to what the Americans pay. A 36" bulb will be around $30 and about $13 to ship. Of course if you order more the shipping per bulb drops.
I will give out the name when it launches.

For a small fee I'll give out the name! :twisted:

PuffMagic

Juvie Member
Im just adding a post, so I can get a notification when we hear when this new site opens!! I have a local store in Edmonton that supplies the reptisun, but its 60$. Hopefully if I order in bulk from this website it'll be a lot cheaper then $120 a year for a damn bulb.

Beardie slave lol

pumpkinman

Hatchling Member
www.mrherp.ca will be open for business on may 1st. I still have a couple hundred products to load
You are more than welcome to take a look in the mean time and email me with any suggestions you may have.

Cheers, Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom