Calcium/Vitamin powder

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilYoul

Ok guys.. so I've been told several different things about the calcium powder and I just want to know which one is correct.. Oh and by the way I have like a 2 or 3 month old dragon about 7 inches long.. but the 1st. thing I've been told to do is powder every single cricket he eats every single feeding never feeding non powdered ones < kind of totally disagreed with that one from the start simply because it seems like he likes it better without occasionally.. 2nd. powdering only like 4 or 5 crickets every single feeding.. 3rd. Powder every 3rd feeding even if he has to miss a day without the powder because he only eats twice a day..

deh05001

What I've read and heard is:

dust with the Calcium 5 times a week (so one feeding a day x 5 days) you could do Monday - Friday

and

dust with multivitamin powder 2 times a weeks (so one feeding a day x 2 days) you could do Saturday and Sunday

A feeding = all of the crickets your dragon can eat within a ten minute period ....

the other feedings you should not be dusting (hopes this makes sense)

EvilYoul

Original Poster
Yeah that makes since and when I powder them I put them in a sandwhich bag is a pinch of powder plenty For each day?

deh05001

yes . whatever is enough powder to properly dust however many crickets he/she eats in the feeding

whether it be a pinch or a little more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom