Calcium and vitamins....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlittle10

Hatchling Member
Hey guys not really sure how much vitamins or calcium d3 to give my beardie i got the repcal stuff that is recommended but I'm not exactly sure how much he is suppose to get... im pretty sure its 5 days a week a 1 feeding for the calcium and 2 days a week for the vitamins??? is he eats 15 crickets say at a feeding should i dust all 15 or how does that work ?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
For a baby, you want to dust 1 feeding, 5 times a week with calcium. So if you are feeding crickets 3 times a day, only dust one of those three feedings. Dust all the crickets or w/e you will be feeding in that one feeding.

For vitamins same thing, but twice a week, on days that you aren't doing calcium.

-Brandon

tlittle10

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Awesome thanks and can I dust the silkworms/butterworms/pheonixworms/and the occasional waxworm that i give him or do they not need dusting?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Silks, butters, and PW's are already naturally high in calcium, so you don't need to dust them.

Don't worry about dusting the wax's either since you should only be giving a very small amount (like two or so) a week if your planning to give them that often. They are considered beardie candy and should be treated as such :mrgreen:

-Brandon

My vet says that it is best to give the vitamin D3 only once a week, not twice. Other than that the advice already posted is exactly what my vet suggests.

Paradon

Sub-Adult Member
IF you are dusting calcium, you don't really know how much phosphorous in the crickets and how much calcium you need. The ideal calcium to phosphorous ratio is 2:1, but if you dust with too much calcium and their is not enough phosphorous, your reptiles can suffer calcium overdose. and the truth is we may never know unless we do blood test. That's why I use Calcium Plus. There's no guess work involve because it design to boost and balance the nutritional value of the insect preys fed the reptiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom