caging 2 beardies together

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.. i Just bought my first beardie not too long ago.. now.. i love her so much.. i kinda with out even realizing it.. ordered another one.. same age.. same size.. now.. before i cage them together... will that be a mistake.. same age.. same size.. male and female??

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Hi
Yes, more than likely it will be a huge mistake.
If you want a second beardie, you really need a second viv.
I have 2 beardies that are missing arms due to one of their clutchmates biting their leg off.
There is a beardie on this site with no legs.
There have been people who have had success housing 2 females together, but even that is not a guarantee. To me, it is definitely not worth the risk.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
We have 2-10 mo old beardies who are special needs, I guess you'd say. They were housed together with a bunch of babies at a pet shop; Issy is missing more than 1/2 her tail and Rubio is missing fingers and toes. It took awhile after bringing them home to get them healthy, but we did and they're both doing well. We have 5 beardies and they're all housed separately. We tried recently to introduce our two youngest beardies, I was right beside them, they both started attacking each other but snout pushes, big beards and rushing at each other, so back to being separate. I'd recommend you house them separately, they can cause major damage to each other, and very quickly, when you least expect it. Hope this helps your decision.

Good luck with your littles ones, beardies are so easy to love!

hawaiianonymous

Original Poster
yeah well now this really sucks bc hes arriving 2day.. the guy i bought him from said it should b fine ... i told him i dont have another set up for him and what not.. so... what to do now.. i have an extra 10 gal tank for today.. think u think a 10 gallon tank would be ok for a day? with the not so proper lighting? ill share the UVA/UVB light and put a baskin light on top... with sum fun stuff for him.. is that too cruel or should i juss ditch work and get him that stuff..

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
If you place the 10 next to the other enclosure, you can "share" the heat and the uvb between the two. Just place some cardboard between the glass so they don't see each other. This is a temp arrangement until you can lay your hands on the right stuff ;)
Janie.

This is what I mean:
Spacespace------------------ UVB
spacexxxxSpace O Heat lamp
-------------------|||--------------------
tank one | tank two.

Cardboard is the middle line going vertically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom